Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Great scenery in Las Cruces

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tres Bottelas 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Beautiful scenery. I have always wondered what the riding was like in Las Cruces. Those mtns to the east as you are coming in from the White Sands have a really cool spine look to them. You mind sharing some info on where to ride in Las Cruces? Good places to learn more information on how to find trails. I pass through there from time to time and one of these days would like to ride.

#7 ·
Well you can search Google for Las Cruces MTB and find a lot of them. You have Sierra Vista trail (never done that one but seems very boring), Soledad Canyon, Baylor Pass, Area 57 (jumps), SST, A Mountain/Tortugas (around the base and DH from the top), Dona Ana's, North Dona Ana's, Picacho (would not really recommend that place though), and I think that is all (at least all I can think of right now). For locations...well, some are very easy to find and others not so much, but I don't want to try and explain all of the locations (kind of lazy right now and it would take a bit). If you ever are coming into town, let me know and I can meet you somewhere and you can follow me to some (depending on what type of riding you want, be it smooth, easy, tech, dirt jumping, batshit crazy DH :thumbsup:, scenic etc...) depending on what day and time you come. Hope this is at least a tad helpful :cool:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.