mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Gratuitous fun SFH 1_5_13

Great day in the SFH today...It was mobbed w/bikers. We found this drop courtesy of - I'm guessing - the Bandos

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gratuitous fun  SFH 1_5_13-smallsouthfoothills-026.jpg  

Gratuitous fun  SFH 1_5_13-smallsouthfoothills-034.jpg  

Last edited by granpa; 01-05-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: why

I <3 NM
    love the pix, keep em comin
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    They call that the mail drop... i like it better then the nothing drop cause you can hit it alot faster. To bad its not located on a better line

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    They call that the mail drop... i like it better then the nothing drop cause you can hit it alot faster. To bad its not located on a better line
    Where is it?

mtbr member
    Its in the same area of power line and all that... sorta. So if you do power line and make the first right it does some switch backs and goes down hill for a sec. Then you cross a sandy wash( this sandy wash is the alternate down hill if you skip the nothing drop) the trail goes up hill makes a quick right turn does two switch back and youll see some green poles with wire on them.. the drop is just pased this..... ... i ride wednesdays at 630 .. parking at menaul

Edit
    Here is the thread that helped me find it nate henry has it tagged in google maps

NFH and SFH Conditions

mtbr member
    Mail Drop was built by Trail Gnomes, not Bandos
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

RCC
    Bandolero

Good pics...

I'll second Nate,keep them coming
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

I <3 NM
    Granpa said his "soon-to-be-son-in-law" honed his skills at the N Valley bike park.

I've gotta check that place out sometime... I've been meaning to do it way before now..

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

more

The first one didn't turn out as badly as it could have...just a cut on the shin and the rental bike was OK too

The second pic is some guy that just bombed through as we were scoping things out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    didn't forget just figuring out how this thing works....any clues are appreciated

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by granpa View Post
    didn't forget just figuring out how this thing works....any clues are appreciated

Looks a wee bit "nose-down," how'd the landing go?

(I would have ate dirt, had it been me)

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Its in the same area of power line and all that... sorta. So if you do power line and make the first right it does some switch backs and goes down hill for a sec. Then you cross a sandy wash( this sandy wash is the alternate down hill if you skip the nothing drop) the trail goes up hill makes a quick right turn does two switch back and youll see some green poles with wire on them.. the drop is just pased this..... ... i ride wednesdays at 630 .. parking at menaul

Edit
    Here is the thread that helped me find it nate henry has it tagged in google maps

NFH and SFH Conditions
    Thanks Fuglio!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    We were thinking this is the nothing drop...its right next to the power line at the top of 365 right below the steep roll over in the other pic

The front wheel augured in a bit in the loose stuff at the bottom and he took off running but kept his balance till he bashed his shin on a rock...just a little blood

Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by granpa View Post

Maybe it's just the angle the pic was taken from but this looks like it didn't turn out too well.
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12