Rocks Rock

Grab a Gear for Javi

I don't know if anyone on this forum knows Javier Garcia a trama nurse in Albuquerque. If you do you may have heard of helmets from Javi. Javi died last month while riding his bike.
    I am going to start grabing a gear for Javi. On each ride I will go one gear higher on at least one hill. This will be my small way to keep Javi with me. Then after a year or two or twenty I will thank Javi for my increased fitness. I invite you to share your ideas and comments about Javi and spread this to other bike websites in the Albuquerque area. Even if you don't know Javi please cut and paste or share to other sites so it reaches people that do know him. This idea came to me when I saw one of Javi's friends write about how fit he was.
    Javi is a dear friend to my son and the rest of our family, ever since youth soccer days in TX. Mario, Javi's Dad is on my top ten list of people that I would most like to be like.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

crap magnet
    I never met the man but there's there's lot's of tributes to Javier on Facebook and elsewhere. He was obviously loved by many. I wasn't going to ride today because of this crummy weather but I think I will. Javier didn't seem like the type to let a little wind and rain keep him off his bike. Thanks for the inspiration.
    RIP.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
    I never met the man but there's there's lot's of tributes to Javier on Facebook and elsewhere. He was obviously loved by many. I wasn't going to ride today because of this crummy weather but I think I will. Javier didn't seem like the type to let a little wind and rain keep him off his bike. Thanks for the inspiration.
    RIP.
    Thanks cdad! Glad it touched ya. I'll post it to the face book page "Helmets from Javi"
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

crap magnet
    It was windy, cold and I flatted. Still a great couple of hours on the bike!
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I rode SFH yesterday, and even though I didn't know him and never heard of him, because of this post, I thought of Javi throughout the ride. I also grabbed an extra gear throughout the ride based on the OP. It was a great day. Thanks for the inspiration.

To the guys I ran into who were riding the opposite direction of me on the backside of the nob that overlooks Fooville, nice job on that climb. I must say, however, that the direction I was heading is much more fun!

Rocks Rock

Thanks guys

I am grabing gears also. Weather has never bothered me as much as flats and other bike issues. Keep on twistin cranks.