banned

Good luck at the Super D!

Hope to see a few supporters to enjoy me suffer Likely get my a$$ handed to me by the top XC Pro's, but ah,well! Such is racing, right?
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 09-12-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Mythical Creature
    Super D is supposed to make you work by having to pedal SOMETIMES. Sheesh. Want DH? do DH! Even then, to win ya gotta pedal - hard at times too. Just wait until you get to start the race by RUNNING uphill (like Angel Fire)...

follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

banned
    I don't mind, really!
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 09-12-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    They even allowed me to race expert with a one-day license, knowing full well that I won't place against the likes of Team SS. So what if I should place, should I get a medal?
    Sure why not?

Actually if you would like some lighter medal, or hoops let me know. I have a few sets of wheels and gear combos to dial it in for the race.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    In Angel Fire they make you run at the start, true. But then the course rocks all the way down: downhill. Super-D races are supposed to make you work but putting a quarter mile long 7% grade hill at the end is just stupid.
    "Show em how we do it in the 505, show up late and leave early!" -Pete

banned
    Ah,,.spoken like a true SS'er

EDIT: If they really wanted to end the race where the XC races are going to end, why take the extra dump to the bottom on the LG trail? just dump onto the road at the top of BB Still plenty challenging for the XC dudes who want/need another feather in their cap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ,,, If they really wanted to end the race where the XC races are going to end, why take the extra dump to the bottom on the LG trail? just dump onto the road at the top of BB ...
    Actually, they were going to do the same thing with the XC course last year - turn left after BB, ride down that last section of ditch, out onto the gravel road, then up. That plan came up during the organized trail grooming that I attened a couple of weeks before the race last year.

Although I was the only dessenting opinion among several pro/experts (one of which I am not), I didn't hesitate to say how stupid I thought it was having the whole race dump out into a 90+ degree blind entrance onto the main road for the sake of adding an extra couple hundred yards - especially since that last hundred yards of sketchy downhill ditch affords zero opportunity to pass. Imo, at the end of a 2-hour race, involving a couple hundred riders, it would've been just begging for an accident somewhere between the start of that bottleneck and that queer turn onto the road.

I don't know if the protests of some dolt that had never even raced before made any difference, but they ended up not doing it. I guess the same guys are just getting it out of their system by including it in the SD. Glad it's not the final stretch of the course I'm riding.

Good luck, Bryan. Have fun and be safe out there.

banned
    Thanks G, I know your gonna kill it tomorrow! Be advised that Stu has been sneaking out of work all week and is in prime shape

The geezer class is highly competitive this year and is no doubt going to be the class to watch.

High Alpine Adventure
    The geezer class is highly competitive this year and is no doubt going to be the class to watch.
    HEY, I resemble that remark!!! Even though I'm taking a pass on Cedropalosa...and probably the rest of the XC Races. Kinda burnt out I guess...and Fall is the time to go Free Riding.

It's also the time for getting focused on the start of Cross Dressing Season at the beginning of October. And you'll notice very few of said XC pro/expert racers actually come out for Cross. I theorize it's because they're afraid they'll be mid-pack when they tangle with the Top Crossers....

And yes, I am calling them out... skered????
    Last edited by DaGoat; 09-13-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ... The geezer class is highly competitive this year and is no doubt going to be the class to watch.
    It's usually the guys that're racing Beginner that refer to themselves as geezer and old farts, etc. The only Sport riders that say that are probably in the process of coming up with an excuse for not showing up.

When you're competing against guys who're consistently beating 75% of the entire Sport class, those thoughts don't even cross your mind. You know you're going to have to beat the majority of the Sport class to have any hope of placing in Sport50. I think Kim Bear probably beats the majority of the Sport class on a regular basis. As for Expert50, there are very few Sport riders that can justify calling them anything but, sir.

I presume Stu has been working on his base.

banned
    OPPS...forgot you are in a class of your own! Good luck tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ... forgot you are in a class of your own! ...
    Oh, man, don't I ever wish! I can always count on somebody(s) showing up to make me feel insignificant. It never ceases to amaze me how talented mountain bikers, in general, are, and it seems I'll never stop making the acquaintance of 40+ superbikers. I can only hope that I'll keep getting better as they get older.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Great job today, Bryan. Looked to me like you were taking on the downhill as well as anyone. Thought I recognized a couple of your buds out there too. The event really got the kids stoked up. Really fun to watch.

Mythical Creature
    Call accepted ;-P

Cross-wired indeed - I'm getting ready to rock my 16.5 pound CX bike in the A Race - and get my azz handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat
    And you'll notice very few of said XC pro/expert racers actually come out for Cross. I theorize it's because they're afraid they'll be mid-pack when they tangle with the Top Crossers....

And yes, I am calling them out... skered????
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    Call accepted ;-P

Cross-wired indeed - I'm getting ready to rock my 16.5 pound CX bike in the A Race - and get my azz handed to me.
    You better go up to A, you won a B event last year... and I think they call that Sandbagging!!!

Well don't feel like the only one... I'm thinking of doing doubles this year and since the B-Class goes off right after the 45+ Masters, Womens and Childrens League, I'm thinking I might be better off to take a break and go out with the A's. Can you say back of the pack? But I promise I'll get out of your way Glen when you lap me...
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    Call accepted ;-P

Was an interesting mix of bikes there indeed. Everything from your light 16.5# bike to full up 40# DH rigs.

banned
    Just saw this!

Thanks Garson, I may have got whooped by 'that Woman' but at least I had the best support on the peak.

I much appreciate all the folks that showed up to watch the event, sure makes a Bandolero proud

7MGTE
    Hope to see a few supporters to enjoy me suffer Likely get my a$$ handed to me by the top XC Pro's, but ah,well! Such is racing, right?
    Good job Bryan It was cool to see you going at it with the top XC guys. If they would have had you in the right cat. you would have been top 3 no prob. Not bad bro

Tried to get a few pics but event was so short (race was about 10-12 mins) it was kind of difficult. I got a few pics from the first guys dropping in including yourself and one of Will taking a right when he should have went left

Post them up when you get time

banned
    already done

Thanks for the support...keep your eyes peeled for the Bandopalooza thread!

7MGTE
    already done

Thanks for the support...keep your eyes peeled for the Bandopalooza thread!
    Oh, I missed it, well till now that is

Anytime bro! You would have been top 3 no prob in the sport class but you still did well I thought. Awesome jersey

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat
    You better go up to A, you won a B event last year... and I think they call that Sandbagging!!!

Well don't feel like the only one... I'm thinking of doing doubles this year and since the B-Class goes off right after the 45+ Masters, Womens and Childrens League, I'm thinking I might be better off to take a break and go out with the A's. Can you say back of the pack? But I promise I'll get out of your way Glen when you lap me...
    Ha! That was a mtb friendly course with no dismounts needed. I had to sprint it out with another mtb racer, in fact! Anytime we had grass and run-ups, I got nuked. Better to have fun like that for 1 hour instead of 45 minutes though!
    follow me on Twitter!