Mythical Creature

GITA - 5 Guys do Guaje Canyon

Short / Sweet (more text later - a LOT!)

Hooked up with the Boulder Crew and a British Import for a ride or two this weekend. Tom, Mark, Mark, Ben, and myself eased into the day with a nice, late start. Cynthia / brg was demo'ing some Yeti's at Pajarito while we explored a new ride (to me/us anyhow!).

All I can say is wow.

I mean WOW!!!

Ben and the Marks had cameras galore, and all these shots are from Mark1 and Ben - who are on a multi-week western USA mtbike dream tour.

Here's some evidence:

Bens Album
    Marks Album

Ben's shot from the start:

Flat Inspector - what is this thing?

Creek RIDE

glen+ben map

glen drop (mark shot)

glen drop (ben shot)

reservoir dogs:

The GANG:

Ben Drop:
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

banned
    Nice job Glenn, hope all went well @ south boundary. It was lookin' a little wet from my perspective. Guaje Canyon is on my 'next' list!

brf
    mtbr member
    Thanks Glen for a superb day out, the canyon edge descent was fantastic and the rest of the trail had a real sense of adventure, top day out!

Is the bike OK?
    It was good seeing you in the parking lot Glen. I can't wait to hit that trail once I'm able to ride XC again. There are some people who want to remain un-named who did a lot of work to clean up the Guaje Canyon trail. I'm not one of them but I'll thank them for you.

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Nice job Glenn, hope all went well @ south boundary. It was lookin' a little wet from my perspective. Guaje Canyon is on my 'next' list!
    SBT was a grade A perfect day weather wise ride. I had to boogie from Garcia Park back to the car - but local guy Jeff took us in at the 'Wagon' and steered us to near the top of Elliot Barker - where we got to ride the easier part of it before picking up SBT for the rest of the day. LOTs of smiles from the group!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by brf
    Thanks Glen for a superb day out, the canyon edge descent was fantastic and the rest of the trail had a real sense of adventure, top day out!
    My pleasure Ben! Awsome shots you and mark took - thanks for posting / sharing them so fast. I'm glad I had a map and checked carefully - but navigation was not hard. Amazing ride no less, and absolutely stunning descent INTO the canyon! Have a great trip, and keep us posted.

glen
    follow me on Twitter!

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpederson
    It was good seeing you in the parking lot Glen. I can't wait to hit that trail once I'm able to ride XC again. There are some people who want to remain un-named who did a lot of work to clean up the Guaje Canyon trail. I'm not one of them but I'll thank them for you.
    You too Neal! Amazing frickin' ride. I can see climbing 3 bears, riding UP the ridge, then dropping into GC. To any and all un-named trail gods - thank you immensely. I was thrilled to lead the gang into new territory - as I had only ever seen GC from below Cabra - on a long, hot, fateful day years ago where I missed the turn to the trail!

I'm likely to try and ht GC one more time this fall - and with MINIMAL work next spring, it can be made 100% bulletproof grade-a fun. I'll brink the McLeod and Pulaski and make short work of (2) small spots that ned minor benching. Otherwise - your un-named associates did an enormous amount of work, and did a great job.
    follow me on Twitter!