mtbr member

GITA - 10 do South Boundary Trail

Had a superb day on the SBT yesterday.

My Photos
    Mark's photos

brg
    mtbr member
    Ben, thanks for the pix.

Glen, sorry i didn't get to tell you bye before you had to leave. I'll keep my fingers crossed you will be around next year.

tom, sorry about all the flats you had.

I had fun riding with everyone.

banned
    Looks like Ted took a nasty one. We needed to send him home with a few souvenirs..ha,ha.

Great pictures. Looks like the weather and scenery cooperated. Till next year,,,

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Nice to see everyone out on the trail yesterday. I haven't seen that many people on the SBT combined all summer long. What a beautiful day. Glen, good to see you outside of a race environment, you looked like you were having fun. We ended up with almost 8000 feet of climbing on the day, but it was worth it as we got to check out the scenery a little better on the long slog up. Hope to see you all back in Taos soon. Greg
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by brg
    Ben, thanks for the pix.

Glen, sorry i didn't get to tell you bye before you had to leave. I'll keep my fingers crossed you will be around next year.

tom, sorry about all the flats you had.

I had fun riding with everyone.
    Sorry I had to jet - but I was even later than I thought I was when Ben and I hit Garcia Park...

Tom - damn you and your tires/tubes!

Great seeing you all - albeit too briefly. Until the next time, be good.

[SIZE=1](Boulder CX Champs...?)[/SIZE]
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    Nice to see everyone out on the trail yesterday. I haven't seen that many people on the SBT combined all summer long. What a beautiful day. Glen, good to see you outside of a race environment, you looked like you were having fun. We ended up with almost 8000 feet of climbing on the day, but it was worth it as we got to check out the scenery a little better on the long slog up. Hope to see you all back in Taos soon. Greg
    Hey Greg! Good to see you, Todd, and Robert heading the 'right' way on SBT. Another local, Jeff (on a sweet old school HT Yeti) took us in to a spot that intersected the upper part of EBT - accessed by coming in by that wagon-like contraption off th highway. Awesome ride and 1/rd the shuttling later.

8k is no effin joke! What was your route?
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Mondragon East up to Corner Park down FR 153 to Trail 121. Back to SBT to Mondragon West. One big loop. Lots of fun. Jarocita is amazing this time of year (don't tell anyone). Did you go up on FR 70?
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

brf
    mtbr member
    Ben, thanks for the pix.

Cynthia,

I'll definitely be back for GITA next year (someone has to teach you yanks how to descend properly )

Ben

brg
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brf
    (someone has to teach you yanks how to descend properly )

Ben
    heh...next year i'll have to bring my badass girlie friends - they are pretty darn good and could give you a run for the money.

mtbr member
    Glad to see Ted managed to finally get his South Boundary ride. Looks like the SB decided to keep a bit of Ted as well.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

brf
    mtbr member
    heh...next year i'll have to bring my badass girlie friends - they are pretty darn good and could give you a run for the money.
    promises, promises

Mythical Creature
    If this promise was thus fulfilled - it would lend refreshed meaning to the 'Gaspin' art of GITA I bet...

follow me on Twitter!

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    Mondragon East up to Corner Park down FR 153 to Trail 121. Back to SBT to Mondragon West. One big loop. Lots of fun. Jarocita is amazing this time of year (don't tell anyone). Did you go up on FR 70?
    Sweet Jeeus that sounds good. And yes - looks like we drove in/up the beginning of FR70 - but not sure how far in we went before heading out. Seems like we had a 6-9 mile ride until we hit SBT part way up the initial climb from the "regular" Trail Head on the AF end. We picked up SBT at a steel trough / tank, below OSHA...
    follow me on Twitter!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have been reading about this from the early planning stages all the way through to these beautiful pictures and have yet to figure out what the hell "GITA" stands for

brf
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twindad
    I have been reading about this from the early planning stages all the way through to these beautiful pictures and have yet to figure out what the hell "GITA" stands for
    Gasping In The Aspens

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    heh, flat-lander wheelies at 10k. :^)

followed eventually by flat-lander ass-dabs!

Strangely, while I remember landing solidly on my fundament most clearly, my left rib-cage has a full-length bruise. Every time I cough of sneeze it is followed by "ouch!". :^)

Great fun that day, to be sure.

lab-rat: How's this for closure - we ride up from FR70 into Apache Pass where I had come down off EBT when we rode there years ago. So I finished EBT all the way up to SBT and then the rest.

Coolness.

My GPS also says I hit 28 mph somewhere between the 1st crest and Garcia Park. All I remember was a blur.

Good group that day for sure, I'm so glad we didn't have to call S&R for Cynthia!

Capping off that silly fun XC-fest with the final downhill techie stuff is just perfectly bi-polar-fun!