Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79
  1. #1
    crd
    crd is offline
    ride like a girl
    Reputation: crd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    617

    GITA 09 inquiries

    I was thinkin' would someone want to help coordinate a GITA for 09?

    Perhaps even in conjunction with the Urllfest at Pajarito?

    Saturday September 26 (Ullrfest)

    Then Sunday; the always fabulous South Boundary?

    Anthony loved this ride:
    http://www.anthonysloan.com/gita081.html

    So, whatdoyasay??

  2. #2
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by crd
    I was thinkin' would someone want to help coordinate a GITA for 09?

    Perhaps even in conjunction with the Urllfest at Pajarito?

    Saturday September 26 (Ullrfest)

    Then Sunday; the always fabulous South Boundary?

    Anthony loved this ride:
    http://www.anthonysloan.com/gita081.html

    So, whatdoyasay??
    I'm in. Maybe throw in East fork/ Battleship on Friday afternoon.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    I like to get out to SB at least once a year. There are other good rides up there that don't require a shuttle. I say leave it up to GDT to lead a Taos ride. As far as Friday, I would be willing to lead a group for a REM romp and those that can't make it that early can meet E for the East Fork/Battleship ride. Heck we might be able to spill over from REM? Saturday is definitely reserved for LA. Lift assist for a half day and maybe a Pajarito Canyon (the one E and I attempted a few weeks ago) ride to top it off.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    I will help up here, lets put something really awesome together. Fun fun!

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    yum, yum, Toas!

  6. #6
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by crd
    I was thinkin' would someone want to help coordinate a GITA for 09?

    Perhaps even in conjunction with the Urllfest at Pajarito?

    Saturday September 26 (Ullrfest)

    Then Sunday; the always fabulous South Boundary?

    Anthony loved this ride:
    http://www.anthonysloan.com/gita081.html

    So, whatdoyasay??
    Good dates for me! I have yet to ride SBT and would love to try a day at Pajarito. And I have spare vacation that I'm looking to use!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    I would love to see GITA continue and will do my best to make it back to NM for the fun!

    I would also throw out there, one of the best things about the original GITA's was everyone did the same ride. Sure it was a small group then, but it was super fun to just go out in the woods ride our bikes, then hang out and lie and laugh about the days activities.

    I would also vote for a second ride in and around Taos. I *know* there is more than just SBT.
    b

  8. #8
    crd
    crd is offline
    ride like a girl
    Reputation: crd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    I *know* there is more than just SBT.
    It would be great to see you out there!

    There is more to it than SBT, but it is sooooo classic

    I even have some friends in CO who have never done this ride (shame on them...) so I may have to stick with the original plan and get them on that trail!

  9. #9
    crd
    crd is offline
    ride like a girl
    Reputation: crd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Good dates for me! I have yet to ride SBT and would love to try a day at Pajarito. And I have spare vacation that I'm looking to use!
    Yeah!! Can't wait to ride some chunky rock with ya!

  10. #10
    Bandolero
    Reputation: notaknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,428

    Unicorns and Rainbows...

    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    I would also throw out there, one of the best things about the original GITA's was everyone did the same ride. Sure it was a small group then, but it was super fun to just go out in the woods ride our bikes, then hang out and lie and laugh about the days activities.
    I'd like world peace and to **** butterflies.

    Both aren't going to happen. Politics. Damn activist larva.

    That said I'll be in for a ride or two.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    Quote Originally Posted by crd
    It would be great to see you out there!

    There is more to it than SBT, but it is sooooo classic

    I even have some friends in CO who have never done this ride (shame on them...) so I may have to stick with the original plan and get them on that trail!
    Maybe I'll say Hi this time when I see you. =)

    Ture SBT is classic and can't be missed. We should plan to ride the route Jim Beam showed me from the Wagon Wheel. All the single track from the "top", bonus ST on the climb, and only a 20 min shuttle!!!! (yes it's a bit more effort, but I'm the low lander, now)

    I was implying a second day in Taos, not to displace SBT from the must rides.

    CO people are soooo elitest.
    b

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    I'd like world peace and to **** butterflies.

    Both aren't going to happen. Politics. Damn activist larva.

    That said I'll be in for a ride or two.

    why is this akin to world peace and what ever you want to do to butterflies???

    very simple, attitude check at the "door". we are all there to ride and have fun. very simple, if you ask me.
    b

  13. #13
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,047
    Damn.. End of Sep is bad for us gov slugs... My boss has cancled any leaves till after the first of the new fisical year

    Put it the first week of Oct and I'd be golden.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  14. #14
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,047
    Any firm date yet?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    I'm penciling in the 25th - 27th as a trip to NM. if its GITA, cool, if not I'm sure I can find people to ride with.
    b

  16. #16
    crd
    crd is offline
    ride like a girl
    Reputation: crd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    617

    firm dates 25-27

    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    I'm penciling in the 25th - 27th as a trip to NM. if its GITA, cool, if not I'm sure I can find people to ride with.
    I say those dates are firm! I'll be there, let's make it happen.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    Quote Originally Posted by crd
    I say those dates are firm! I'll be there, let's make it happen.
    and so She has spoken.
    b

  18. #18
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    763
    So what is the ride schedule going to look like? I would like to ride some form of the SBT that Friday of the proposed dates and then head over to paja for Saturday and whatever for Sunday. Just thought I'd put that out there.

    E
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  19. #19
    I <3 NM
    Reputation: MTBNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,047
    No worries.. i'll do my own version of GITA in Oct.

    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.


  20. #20
    crd
    crd is offline
    ride like a girl
    Reputation: crd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    617

    25-27

    Okay, we agreed upon dates; lets talk logistics!

    I know lots of folks live there; but those of us driving; is anyone interested in camping? How about a partee? The ski hill is having their Urll fest on Saturday, so there will be a festival at the lodge: Fall Mountain Celebration Beer Tasting Live Band.

    I know planning this this is semi-difficult, but those who want something; voice your opinion!

  21. #21
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by crd
    Okay, we agreed upon dates; lets talk logistics!

    I know lots of folks live there; but those of us driving; is anyone interested in camping? How about a partee? The ski hill is having their Urll fest on Saturday, so there will be a festival at the lodge: Fall Mountain Celebration Beer Tasting Live Band.

    I know planning this this is semi-difficult, but those who want something; voice your opinion!
    Camping would be a must.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  22. #22
    Bandolero
    Reputation: notaknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,428

    Gonna Soak Up The Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B
    Camping would be a must.
    This from the guy with the Tundra and pop-top camper. I guess it is camping if your ice cream in the freezer doesn't stay frozen.

    That said, does that thing have room for a Bandolero? A Bandolero with beer?
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

  23. #23
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    This from the guy with the Tundra and pop-top camper. I guess it is camping if your ice cream in the freezer doesn't stay frozen.

    That said, does that thing have room for a Bandolero? A Bandolero with beer?

    Ohhh, the ice cream stays frozen.

    Hmmm, a Bando with beer eh? I'm sure we could work something out.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  24. #24
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by crd
    Okay, we agreed upon dates; lets talk logistics!

    I know lots of folks live there; but those of us driving; is anyone interested in camping? How about a partee? The ski hill is having their Urll fest on Saturday, so there will be a festival at the lodge: Fall Mountain Celebration Beer Tasting Live Band.

    I know planning this this is semi-difficult, but those who want something; voice your opinion!
    I'm a definite maybe! Just gotta get the vacation days reserved from work... Drive out Thurs, ride Fri-Sat-Sun, return Monday? I have a new DH bike so want to ride Pajarito whatever day(s) it is open. Would also like to do SBT just cause I never have and I hear it's pretty darn nice. And that trail that Jen busted open her leg on two years ago, and Joe and notanob hiked back out with us... can we do that one again??? No ER visits this time...

    In truth though, I'm open to whatever. Parties are good. Camping is good (I'll have my dogs). Beer is good. I'm easy

  25. #25
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,129
    I'm in, vacation days are secured. Looking foward to a fun time in NM !!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •