Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

GITA 09 inquiries

4K views 78 replies 18 participants last post by  icegeek 
#1 ·
I was thinkin' would someone want to help coordinate a GITA for 09?

Perhaps even in conjunction with the Urllfest at Pajarito?

Saturday September 26 (Ullrfest)

Then Sunday; the always fabulous South Boundary?

Anthony loved this ride:
http://www.anthonysloan.com/gita081.html

So, whatdoyasay??

#2 ·
crd said:

Anthony loved this ride:

So, whatdoyasay??
I'm in. Maybe throw in East fork/ Battleship on Friday afternoon.

#3 ·
I like to get out to SB at least once a year. There are other good rides up there that don't require a shuttle. I say leave it up to GDT to lead a Taos ride. As far as Friday, I would be willing to lead a group for a REM romp and those that can't make it that early can meet E for the East Fork/Battleship ride. Heck we might be able to spill over from REM? Saturday is definitely reserved for LA. Lift assist for a half day and maybe a Pajarito Canyon (the one E and I attempted a few weeks ago) ride to top it off.

#6 ·
crd said:

Anthony loved this ride:

So, whatdoyasay??
Good dates for me! I have yet to ride SBT and would love to try a day at Pajarito. And I have spare vacation that I'm looking to use!

#7 ·
I would love to see GITA continue and will do my best to make it back to NM for the fun!

I would also throw out there, one of the best things about the original GITA's was everyone did the same ride. Sure it was a small group then, but it was super fun to just go out in the woods ride our bikes, then hang out and lie and laugh about the days activities.

I would also vote for a second ride in and around Taos. I *know* there is more than just SBT.

#10 ·
Unicorns and Rainbows...

brianc said:
I would also throw out there, one of the best things about the original GITA's was everyone did the same ride. Sure it was a small group then, but it was super fun to just go out in the woods ride our bikes, then hang out and lie and laugh about the days activities.
I'd like world peace and to **** butterflies.

Both aren't going to happen. Politics. Damn activist larva.

That said I'll be in for a ride or two.

#11 ·
crd said:
It would be great to see you out there!

There is more to it than SBT, but it is sooooo classic ;)

I even have some friends in CO who have never done this ride (shame on them...) so I may have to stick with the original plan and get them on that trail!
Maybe I'll say Hi this time when I see you. =)

Ture SBT is classic and can't be missed. We should plan to ride the route Jim Beam showed me from the Wagon Wheel. All the single track from the "top", bonus ST on the climb, and only a 20 min shuttle!!!! :thumbsup: (yes it's a bit more effort, but I'm the low lander, now)

I was implying a second day in Taos, not to displace SBT from the must rides.

CO people are soooo elitest. ;)

#12 ·
notaknob said:
I'd like world peace and to **** butterflies.

Both aren't going to happen. Politics. Damn activist larva.

That said I'll be in for a ride or two.
why is this akin to world peace and what ever you want to do to butterflies???

very simple, attitude check at the "door". we are all there to ride and have fun. very simple, if you ask me.

#18 ·
So what is the ride schedule going to look like? I would like to ride some form of the SBT that Friday of the proposed dates and then head over to paja for Saturday and whatever for Sunday. Just thought I'd put that out there.

E

#20 ·
25-27

Okay, we agreed upon dates; lets talk logistics!

I know lots of folks live there; but those of us driving; is anyone interested in camping? How about a partee? The ski hill is having their Urll fest on Saturday, so there will be a festival at the lodge: Fall Mountain Celebration Beer Tasting Live Band.

I know planning this this is semi-difficult, but those who want something; voice your opinion!

#21 ·
crd said:

I know lots of folks live there; but those of us driving; is anyone interested in camping? How about a partee? The ski hill is having their Urll fest on Saturday, so there will be a festival at the lodge: Fall Mountain Celebration Beer Tasting Live Band.

I know planning this this is semi-difficult, but those who want something; voice your opinion!
Camping would be a must.

#23 ·
notaknob said:
This from the guy with the Tundra and pop-top camper. I guess it is camping if your ice cream in the freezer doesn't stay frozen.

That said, does that thing have room for a Bandolero? A Bandolero with beer?
Ohhh, the ice cream stays frozen.

Hmmm, a Bando with beer eh? I'm sure we could work something out.

#24 ·
crd said:

I'm a definite maybe! Just gotta get the vacation days reserved from work... Drive out Thurs, ride Fri-Sat-Sun, return Monday? I have a new DH bike so want to ride Pajarito whatever day(s) it is open. Would also like to do SBT just cause I never have and I hear it's pretty darn nice. And that trail that Jen busted open her leg on two years ago, and Joe and notanob hiked back out with us... can we do that one again??? No ER visits this time...

In truth though, I'm open to whatever. Parties are good. Camping is good (I'll have my dogs). Beer is good. I'm easy :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.