No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005

Good job! Gettin' ready for the DBT

I did this epic endurance challenge in '06 and it almost killed me. I got whooped so bad that I didn't even consider it last year. Well, the memories have been sufficiently forgotten enough and the fitness is up. So I think I'm on board for the Double Boundary Trail ride!

I still haven't signed up over at the nmes website yet. I'm not a total lunatic: things like weather and how I feel will play a big part. CURRENTLY, weather.com reports low of 50, high of 70 on Saturday with 30% chance of moisture. Looks like the 30% thing starts on Thursday and continues for a few days. If it gets much over 50% or temps drop I may bail. Also, about half the flippin' town here has some upper respitory virus going on. I haven't gotten it yet, but very well could. I know I'm chancing missing the 74 person cutoff, but I'm just that sort of risk-taker.

We'll see how this all plays out. I hope to be there, and just thought I'd start a thread about it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Is there anyone from ABQ coming back on Saturday night or Sunday morning I could get a return ride with?
    "Show em how we do it in the 505, show up late and leave early!" -Pete

No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005
    Hope you are able to find a carpool, Sac. Judging by the number or entries over at nmes, there might not be a lot of folks. Make sure to post over there for ride needed.

Looks like a cool morning with pretty nice afternoon temps and a decreased chance of precip. Woohoo! I'm just about ready to commit.

Thread Pollution
    Don't eat a breakfast burrrito from the near by cafe before the start.anticipation,I hope I don't get rash on my lower parts that burn like an infernal hell fire only ice cubes in sanitary wash can cure,like last year.I had to bail at Quintana pass due to my shorts being infected with Satan's bad intentions.

High Alpine Adventure

Who are you kidding???

You are "Satan's bad intentions"!!!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

SS Chimp

Good job!

You can find a quick report here --> Link

Weather was great and the ride even better...
    all single...all the time

Thread Pollution

I'll be back

These events are a f'ing challenge and that's what keeps me coming back.It would be great to get participation and interest from more local altitude riders,don't be scared.