banned
    May 2014

Friday the 13th and the Full Moon

Anyone got plans for riding the full moon? White Ridge is always a fun option.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    FRIDAY the 13th AND a FULL MOON. Don't know if I want to go for a ride or LOCK my doors and get the gun out.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

saddlemeat
    Actually, the full moon (100%) is tonight but it will be just as big (99%) Friday night. It will come up almost an hour later is all. Rises at 8:08 pm tonight, 9:07 pm Friday, and 10:01 pm Saturday (95%).
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bsieb View Post
    Actually, the full moon (100%) is tonight but it will be just as big (99%) Friday night. It will come up almost an hour later is all. Rises at 8:08 pm tonight, 9:07 pm Friday, and 10:01 pm Saturday (95%).
    Yep, the moon is in full force tonight. Shoulda made plans for both, but I will settle for the 13th!

You going for a ride, Bill?

saddlemeat
    Just hanging at Cabin 34 unless I get a wild full moon hair. Set up for the 24 hour race is going full tilt. Waiting for guests to arrive... it is a gorgeous moon, stunning right now!

Moon Phase Pro for Android

banned
    May 2014
    Just hanging at Cabin 34 unless I get a wild full moon hair. Set up for the 24 hour race is going full tilt. Waiting for guests to arrive... it is a gorgeous moon, stunning right now!

Moon Phase Pro for Android
    You still have wild hairs?

banned
    May 2014
    Well, we must have scared away the werewolves and demons cuz the only thing we found was sweet, sweet singletrack! and, a few baby hawklings were kicking it trail side. That was pretty interesting...

Friday the 13th and the Full Moon-sweetsingletracks.jpg

mtbr member
    I turned a couple of night laps at the 24 HITEF under the full moon. No pics though. Busy peddalin. The moon was pretty rad though.
    A.K.A. The Blood Orange.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I did my first real night lap at 24HITEF this weekend too. Was super cool, going to put that into my normal riding I think.

saddlemeat
    It was a great full moon! About as bright as they get too. It was a grand night at 24 HITEF, not too cold, considering it got down to 31.4 on Thursday night. I've made a few sundials and have been thinking about making a moon dial to install at McGaffey. Makes getting up to pee an occasion.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Where did you guys ride? I ended up going for a ride on my backyard trail, but it was still pretty sketchy without a headlight.

Speaking of... i need to invest in a good one.

saddlemeat
    ^Those one piece NightRider Lumina lights are what I would get if I were getting a new light.

banned
    May 2014
    ^Those one piece NightRider Lumina lights are what I would get if I were getting a new light.
    Yep. We had 3 of them, 2 were backup, and the 650 was used as a headlamp. I got a pretty good deal on some Chinese Magic Shine knockoffs, 3 lamp flood, and single spot @ around $60, with backup batteries. They have paid for themselves, but others haven't had much luck with their reliability. The good thing about having Amazon Prime is that they are covered under their satisfaction guarantee, regardless.

mtbr member
    I used a single Lumina 700 on my helmet all last winter for night riding and it worked great.On full blast it would only last me about 1:10 though. If i was racing, I would prolly go with another on my bar.