Free Bike Shop
    ABQ to launch first community bike shop

Bikes can be used for transportation??
  • 02-11-2013
    MTBNate
    Cheap ones I guess...??
  • 02-11-2013
    Fuglio
    Its a cool program. More people on bikes is a good thing. That side of town could use more bike lanes. I'd support a city level gas tax to help pay for more paths and community shops.
  • 02-11-2013
    tyrebyter
    Another tax? Great idea! How about a library bond diverted to bike lanes? And bonds are free, don't you know. What are we, the biggest bunch of suckers that ever walked the planet?
  • 02-11-2013
    Fuglio
    I like taxes. The way they are spent is another story. Gas tax or not, things cost money.
  • 02-11-2013
    Calhoun
    That is pretty cool.
  • 02-11-2013
    Fuglio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Just4Pix View Post
    Yep, hopefully they will get some good peeps in there to run it, and it won't be some no-show position for a son-in-law

Dont be bashing nepotism.
  • 02-11-2013
    Fuglio
    Anyways the shop want donations is anyone has anything to unload.
  • 02-11-2013
    Calhoun
    I have some parts I've been wanting to unload. It would be cool to give them to something like this.
  • 02-11-2013
    Fuglio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I have some parts I've been wanting to unload. It would be cool to give them to something like this.

I have a bag of 8 speed parts left over from a single speed conversion that would be perfect. Makes me feel like a snob cause i would want nothing to do with tjat alivo crap. Lol
  • 02-12-2013
    Moonshine Willie
    Great idea! I hope it can sustain itself.
  • 02-12-2013
    delnorte
    The Chainbreaker, in Santa Fe, has been a very successful community bike program. I've recycled a lot of parts that I'll never use, there.
    Seems like Abq's community bike program could be just as good or better, considering the higher number of riders/old parts in the area. Very cool.