Hey, wait up!

Frazer Mountain Madness - Next weekend

Cool off, chill out and get elevated at the Taos Ski Valley

Sat July 25 - Hill Climb
    Sun July 26 - XC

Event Home Page

In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

mtbr member
    I've never been there could some give me a description/similarities to other courses in NM, please?
    Is the Hillclimb harder/easier than South baldy? What other NM course is the XC Beginner Course like, please? Cedro, Sandia, Angel Fire, Horney Toad...??
    Thanks to anyone!!
    HEY DAVE I'll be there to help out!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Steeper than the rest, the hill climb is the toughest one I have done. The XC course climbs up the same hill (on a dirt road) then you race your laps, laps are fun but like nothing else we race on. High alpine environment makes it interesting race starts at just under 10000 ft, lots of roots and rocks. Fun course. There is no beginner course just laps around the same deal, expect to get passed by the big boys at least once. Maybe most like AF but AF is comparably easy IMO.

It has been known to snow on this race now and then, but I think it used to be in a different month.

All that said it is my favorite race of the year, plan on having a few beers in Arroyo Seco (thats where I live) after the hill climb. We always ride over to Gold Hill and go down Long Canyon.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info Greg! I apreciate it...........10,000 ft huuumm.......sounds like i will be helping out somewhere and cheering. GO You Animals!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

I <3 NM
    man... i wish I was going.....
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.