mtbr member

Foothills North... or the Frozen Tundra

Rode SFHN yesterday afternoon from Big Horn Ridge to Elena Gallegos, counterclockwise around EG and back to Big Horn. The trail is in better shape than it's been since last Spring; packed dirt and packed snow in the shadows. Yet, did not see another rider the whole time. Come on troops, it's not that cold.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Me and a buddy rode North Footies from the Tram to Spain and back loop last night around 7pm. You are correct in saying trails are perfect, tons of traction when the ground is frozen and packed. We only saw a jogger... but it was night time so we didnt expect to see very many people in the first place.

mtbr member
    After somone took all the rocks out of sfh people dont ride the north anymore

I <3 NM
    Would be nice it it warmed up at least a little..

I've been off my bike since my 1 Dec incident/the holidays/cold weather/etc, --- err, fawk..

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Would be nice it it warmed up at least a little..

I've been off my bike since my 1 Dec incident/the holidays/cold weather/etc, --- err, fawk..

I hear you. I've Been out for just over 2 weeks with a nasty chest cold. Looks like a stretch of around 50 deg weather is here just in time. Great for mtn biking now. Might suck come summer when the Mtns are shut down because its to dry. But until then, time to go ride.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    After somone took all the rocks out of sfh people dont ride the north anymore
    this.
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    I hear you. I've Been out for just over 2 weeks with a nasty chest cold. Looks like a stretch of around 50 deg weather is here just in time. Great for mtn biking now. Might suck come summer when the Mtns are shut down because its to dry. But until then, time to go ride.
    Is Otero without much snow?

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Is Otero without much snow?

There's about 3-4 in of iced snow. A little bit under the trees is starting to open up. Not very rideable. Nothing like last years snow. This time last year there was about 4ft up here.
    Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    I too am frustrated by the trail sanitizers, but this is the trail I have. What other trail can you get to after work and ride a couple of hours? Also, it's relative. People love White Mesa, (including me) but I find it much more sedate than the north foothills. We have the trails that exist today; no point in living in the past. See you on the trail...