Folks,

Please send this out to your distribution lists…

FooMTB is scheduled with Albuquerque Open Space to conduct their Official Trail Day next Saturday, August 29th. We are asking everyone to come join us for the culmination of many weeks of work. As some of you may be aware, FooMTB has been busy this summer working on an expansion of the notorious Foo Trail Climb down at the I-40 base of the South Foothills . The Foo Climb is, without a doubt, the toughest extended climb in the Albuquerque Foothills. FooMTB has added a twist to this section of trail by building a Switchback Trail up the South Knob Power Line Cut. You will now be able to climb from down at I-40 up to the top of the South Knob, catch your breath on the short descent to the base of the Foo Trail and tackle the Foothills toughest climb (with a little less in your legs!). I rolled it for the first time last weekend and believe me, it adds a whole new dimension to that challenge. Just try hammering it non-stop!

However, before we can make it a full blown reality, we have some work left to do. We will be meeting at the Camino de la Sierra Trail Head at 9:00AM and will work until about 2:00PM when FooMTB will be providing everyone with a Picnic Lunch. The plan is to set up some EZ-UPS and Tables down on the Old Rt. 66 (You can actually drive down there if you would like). We’ll then take it easy, watch folks roll the trail and talk about what people would like to see us work on next year! Please feel free to bring the beverage of your choice for enjoyment in a non-descript plastic cup.

Come on out and join the fun, we do appreciate your help and want everyone to know that we are working hard for your trails!