Bandolero Crew N.M.

Smile Finally, Forest opening soon

Just saw it in the news. Forest State wide will open this Friday at 8 AM. Now we can spread out again, and ride those south 14 trails we loveso much.See you at Otero, 8AM Friday.Time to play.

mtbr member
    Knob, can you confirm this?

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Im going to call the forest service soon and conferm.Dont know why the news would report the opening if not so.

mtbr member
    Knob is our resident forest service guy, he should chime in here shortly.

mtbr member
    I saw it on their website: "all agencies have tentative plans to open on friday the 11th." Hoooray!

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Im going to call the forest service soon and conferm.Dont know why the news would report the opening if not so.

Bandolero

Gila, not Cibola

Everything I've seen says it's only the Gila so far but it looks like things might be loosening up.

This website, which is "supposed" to have the latest up-to-date information doesn't even list the closure of the Sandias. But it does have this statement under the "what's restricted" section:

ALL AGENCIES IN NEW MEXICO HAVE TENTATIVE PLANS TO LIFT THEIR FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON FRIDAY, JULY 11TH - STAY TUNED!!

I'll try calling the Cibola a little later, but they're probably getting hammered right now.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    What they said was State Forestry would be lifting restrictions east of I-25 on Friday morning.

However, National Forest (Cibola-Sandia District), was evaluating conditions, but conditions certainly have improved. Let us know what the Cibola Ranger says after you call the office!

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    Everything I've seen says it's only the Gila so far but it looks like things might be loosening up.

This website, which is "supposed" to have the latest up-to-date information doesn't even list the closure of the Sandias. But it does have this statement under the "what's restricted" section:

ALL AGENCIES IN NEW MEXICO HAVE TENTATIVE PLANS TO LIFT THEIR FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON FRIDAY, JULY 11TH - STAY TUNED!!

I'll try calling the Cibola a little later, but they're probably getting hammered right now.
    Thanks Bruce

Sublime Absurdity
    Sandia got an hour or so of steady rain between yesterday afternoon and early this AM. It looks like we'll be getting more today and tomorrow.
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers
    March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    I didnt get home in time to call the ranger station. Anyone heard anything more.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52
    I didnt get home in time to call the ranger station. Anyone heard anything more.
    Mtn.Biker123 just called me and stated he spoke with the rangers a few mins ago. So yes ALL will be a go as of 8AM Friday (7/11/08) morn.

Bandolero

On notice...

Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    Mtn.Biker123 just called me and stated he spoke with the rangers a few mins ago. So yes ALL will be a go as of 8AM Friday (7/11/08) morn.
    The official notice.

And I was getting used to the trips up north to the SF environs...
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--