Vita brevis

Finally back on the bike!

Been off of the bike for a few months due to a health issue, but have just started to do short rides on my lunch breaks. Man am I out of shape.
    I now work in White Rock, so about the only short (or any) ride I have found is the canyon rim trail. It's not too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Wow Rusty - I had no idea you'd been off the bike for that long. Glad to hear you're rolling again, and enjoying the view above WR Canyon. There are several more trails/trailheads if you head N. on SR-4, but I don't know much about them, and most might just be hiking trails. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in joining up for a night ride around LA some Thursday PM before you head home after work.
    - Joe

banned
    Congrats Rusty.

Probably didn't matter that it wasn't the 'best' ride as much as just being on dirt again. PM if your in Abq anytime. I'd love to show you around

mtbr member
    Glad you are "Back in The Saddle Again". !!!
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

Vita brevis
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    Wow Rusty - I had no idea you'd been off the bike for that long. Glad to hear you're rolling again, and enjoying the view above WR Canyon. There are several more trails/trailheads if you head N. on SR-4, but I don't know much about them, and most might just be hiking trails. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in joining up for a night ride around LA some Thursday PM before you head home after work.
    - Joe
    Thanks, Joe. I have checked out those trail heads, and they specifically exclude bikes. There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices for riding down there.
    I appreciat the night ride offer, but I have no lights, and it's dark when I get off work.
    Peace...
    Rusty

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    its amazing how quickly we go downhill, i been off my bike for about 3 weeks due to mechanical issues the bikes and mine, felt well enough to go for a quick spin to stretch my legs and get some fresh air today, just rode a couple of miles thought i was gonna have to call my wife to come pick me up lol,

RCC
    Bandolero
    Cool pics good to hear youre riding again as well
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...