banned

F**k it!, just Huck it!...The real story @ REM

With few exceptions REM is as good as it has ever been, despite what AndyN reports. The 'Bandoleros' decided that depsite observations of downed tree's interrupting flow on a sacred trail, it deserved a look-see. So we headed out early this AM to get a birds-eye-view of the situation

There were a couple of Turners on-hand

knob on the first section of the descent

and not far behind...

Since we didn't have saws or cutting tools available, we made some modifications to the most current obstacles that we encountered. Sorry, but these weren't around on earlier trips, but "where there's a 'wheel' there's a way"

Obligatory trail shot...

DUCK!

Splash!

How is this bad?

and yet another energy stripping obstacle...damn those logs!

Knob on the new RFX....

So where is the SFBFL?

Knob and RCC on 'The Wall'

Afterwards we decided to cheer on the Big Freakin' Loopers in style...Bandoleros style

Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 07-05-2008 at 07:46 PM.

7MGTE
    Nice

Awesome ride, wish I could have made it, next time

We could have used that yesterday DB

No pics of the drop???

Bandolero

X-post on passion

Here's my photos and view of the ride.

Santa Fe Little Friggin Loop

Things that come to mind from yesterday:

The group of women at Aspen Vista who said "oh, big bikes. Are you riding the SFBFL?" and your reply "no, we're riding the SF Little Friggin Loop."

The gaunt guy on the green on-one single speed who asked "You guys okay" and your response "yeah, - uh are you okay?"

Someone cut that 3 foot thick tree at the bottom of the trail that's been there since last year. Or was that just the effect of Bandoleros coming through?
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    With few exceptions REM is as good as it has ever been
    How would you know? You rode REM for the 1st time ever last year, and who was it who showed you the trail...

Also missing from your post are pictures of the many trees blocking the trail that are difficult to climb over, and the downed trees impossible to climb over where hike-arounds had to be routed.

Glad you boys enjoyed yourselves, but you have FAILED at spinning a new truth about the current state of REM.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    How would you know? You rode REM for the 1st time ever last year, and who was it who showed you the trail...
    And who was the one who thanks your ass 2 weeks ago for REM... Oh yea thats right it was a bandolero .
    REM tomorrow: Good Idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    AndyN, thanks for showing us this trail last year, since then we cannot get enough. Looking forward to riding with you soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN

Also missing from your post are pictures of the many trees blocking the trail that are difficult to climb over, and the downed trees impossible to climb over where hike-arounds had to be routed.

Glad you boys enjoyed yourselves, but you have FAILED at spinning a new truth about the current state of REM.
    You guys are starting to post the same boring pics again...I wonder why no one else posts in here anymore. Must be the Fagoleros no?
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

Thread Pollution
    big F'ing fish hook that you guys carry.What do you plan to catch with that,Ramon?

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    big F'ing fish hook that you guys carry.What do you plan to catch with that,Ramon?
    that's funny dude! nah that's just part of the survival kit! tu sabes!.. you guys should come down south and drink i mean ride with us one of these days! that is if you santa fe hippies(as the knob puts it!) don't mind riding along with a bunch of slow dudes!
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

Thread Pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by RCC
    that's funny dude! nah that's just part of the survival kit! tu sabes!.. you guys should come down south and drink i mean ride with us one of these days! that is if you santa fe hippies(as the knob puts it!) don't mind riding along with a bunch of slow dudes!
    when the weather turns to winter my marsopial training starts aka expand the gut and grow a pouch.As for now,my sights are set on Colorado and points north. That's dirty hippy if you don't mind.
    Last edited by makachut; 07-21-2008 at 05:56 PM.

mtbr member
    oops. f-ed up....
    Last edited by delnorte; 07-21-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: wrong forum

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    when the weather turns to winter my marsopial training starts aka expand the gut and grow a pouch.As for now,my sights are set on Colorado and points north. That's dirty hippy if you don't mind.

Colorado hu!!! cool thing! The Bandoleros have to make up there one of these days.we may need a guide thou! would you mind? youre not ashame of hanging around with them dudes are you? you dirty hippy you.
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

banned

Careful!

Quote Originally Posted by perropirana
    You guys are starting to post the same boring pics again...I wonder why no one else posts in here anymore. Must be the Fagoleros no?
    I hear they prefer "Cooleros".