Is the bike OK?

Easter Evening Ride

Linked together a little solo ride I've never done completely on my bike (part of it is an MX trail I've never taken my bike on). This is the view from Guaje Mountain looking out towards Santa Fe. A sketchy but fun descent starts here going east.

Easter Evening Ride-easterride.jpg

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...32916,0.059137

Any other good rides had from the weekend?
    Last edited by nealpederson; 03-31-2013 at 08:28 PM.

I <3 NM
    Yeah - N Foothills this eve:

Last edited by MTBNate; 04-01-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    We did a group ride out on our favorite mixed loop at La Tierra. Need Radioactive to chime in and show off the pic of her new ride.

saddlemeat
    @Nate- are those cell phone pix? Thinking you use an iphone?
    Making the smack track baby.

A Useful Bear
    is a handy thing...

I <3 NM
    Naw - these are from my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8. It replaced my old Nikon Cool Pix this time last year. I've had to crack open the case several times and clean dust off the sensor deep inside the camera. It also only has a 10 sec delay which sucks for taking self action pix.

I am not a fan of it though, and would go with a Nikon if I we to do it again.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

saddlemeat
    My wife goes through a Lumix ZSxx in about a year, they have great image quality. Thanks for the sensor cleaning tip.

Her next will most likely be the Nikon AW-1xx. I still treasure my Coolpix S-10 (2006, last nikon twist camera afaik, has VR), it's been to burning man, as well as every ride I've done in the last six years, and still has no visible dust on the sensor or inside the lens. Wish it went wider though...
    Making the smack track baby.

A Useful Bear
    is a handy thing...

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Nice Neal! We've done that loop a few times - always at Myles' suggestion - and other than riding back up Rendija thru the sand, it's a good one despite the bits of HAB. I was out solo last night, too, but just did a slow loop down Bayo and back up Pueblo-Acid. 'Twas a beautiful evening. Hey, on an unrelated note, if I may, let me encourage you to join the TuffRiders tomorrow, as there's a guy joining the ride that night that you might enjoy meeting.
    - Joe
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    Nice Neal! We've done that loop a few times - always at Myles' suggestion - and other than riding back up Rendija thru the sand, it's a good one despite the bits of HAB. I was out solo last night, too, but just did a slow loop down Bayo and back up Pueblo-Acid. 'Twas a beautiful evening. Hey, on an unrelated note, if I may, let me encourage you to join the TuffRiders tomorrow, as there's a guy joining the ride that night that you might enjoy meeting.
    - Joe
    That last section going up Rendija in the sand was the one part I've only done on MX and was a workout. It could be fixed up though and I imagine going the other direction would be better.

Yeah, I'm planning on riding with the TR's tomorrow night. You're welcome to ride with us anytime too if you want a group to ride with Tuesday night. You wouldn't have to join if it's just a ride or two. Rod and I and a few other's usually split off for the more advanced ride so you wouldn't risk getting stuck behind the larger group of slower riders.