mtbr member

Double Boundary - Sep 12

Hey cycling people,

If you haven't heard there is a endurance ride/race up by Taos that is sure to rock your world. The full DBT goes up the North rim of Taos canyon - across Elliot Barker - and finishes with the South Boundary trail to Taos (68 miles with 11.5k of climbing).

If you don't want to punish yourself to that degree, there is a B group that will ride Elliot Barker and South Boundary (32 miles with 5.4k of climbing).

Check it out: http://nmes.wordpress.com/4-double-boundary-trail-2009/

Great views, great trails and it's free.

Bandolero
    Hey Rich is there a pre ride for the b ride. There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time, much less the full route.

Rolling
    Is there a C ride?

:P

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Is there a C ride?

:P
    That would be us drinking beer and watching riders go by on Osha Pass.

Bandolero

Quarter to three

Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    That would be us drinking beer and watching riders go by on Osha Pass.
    Is that referred to as the "Quarter Double-Boundary?" That's about right for me.

Here's a group of Bandoleros doing the SF little friggin loop
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That is right at what I had in mind, minus the car.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash88
    Hey Rich is there a pre ride for the b ride. There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time, much less the full route.
    Lenny and I will be headed up there to pre-ride and flag the north side. I would like to get out there and ride EB and SB but not sure Iíll have the time (maybe Sep 5) Ė Iíll let you know if I do. I highly recommend using a GPS for the ride. Iíve been on EB and SB a couple of weeks back and there is a lot of new growth popping up on Elliot Barker and on Jaracita trail so it makes it a little hard to see the trail at times.

Lidarman: I think the C ride is called the Enchanted Circle.

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    Hey guys, I was just in AF the other week, rode SB trail for the 3rd time, and have ridden EB as well..so, how tough is the NB trail? I would really like to do this ride, but am not to sure about the route finding on the NB side, since I have never ridden it. I would be unable to pre ride, and would come in late Fri night from CO to give this a go. Thanks! in advance....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It is tough. I have it at about 6,300 feet of climbing, I have to walk pretty big sections especially up over Capulin. Really great trail until you hit double track and then it is a slog.

If you want the GPS data I have it as I ride it. Highly recommend that you take GPS or ride with someone in the know.

Greg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    Hey guys, I was just in AF the other week, rode SB trail for the 3rd time, and have ridden EB as well..so, how tough is the NB trail? I would really like to do this ride, but am not to sure about the route finding on the NB side, since I have never ridden it. I would be unable to pre ride, and would come in late Fri night from CO to give this a go. Thanks! in advance....
    If you ride EB and SB and feel like you could do it again in the same day, youíll be fine. Lenny and I rode the NB this past Saturday and we did a lot of rock piling and flagging but I still would highly recommend a GPS or know you will be hanging with someone. The only problem with hanging with someone is you never know if one of you will bonk, and now what do you do if you canít navigate independently. Itís a big ride and a great accomplishment to complete. Hope to see you there.

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    I feel confident that I can make the slog. I am working on a GPS unit before I head down. Unfortunatly I will not have time to pre-ride, but at the least I might be able to work a 1/2 day on Fri and show up at a reasonable time, and get a good nights sleep before the death march. Any and all help/info is greatly appreciated!
    Looking foward to riding with ya'll!

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    Any updates on this ?

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by weldo
    Any updates on this ?
    Go here --> http://nmes.wordpress.com/4-double-boundary-trail-2009/

For the most up to date info join the google group here --> http://nmes.wordpress.com/must-read/email-group/

Register up and show up. It is always a good time...most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    Really great trail until you hit double track and then it is a slog.
    I wouldn't really call it a slog.
    It is some tough climbing through some killer terrain that most folks don't ride or see. It just happens to be on 2 track and a bit of dirt road. In some respects I dig the section from 717 to OK Canyon more than the single track from the top of Devisadero to 717.
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 32x18
    Go here --> http://nmes.wordpress.com/4-double-boundary-trail-2009/

For the most up to date info join the google group here --> http://nmes.wordpress.com/must-read/email-group/

Register up and show up. It is always a good time...most of the time.

I wouldn't really call it a slog.
    It is some tough climbing through some killer terrain that most folks don't ride or see. It just happens to be on 2 track and a bit of dirt road. In some respects I dig the section from 717 to OK Canyon more than the single track from the top of Devisadero to 717.
    True Story: I show up for San Juan beerfest (in Colorado) and not having been in Taos for over 2 years, the Eskes crew recognizes me....and my wife.

I either drink too much, or spent too much time there after DBT.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo
    I either drink too much, or spent too much time there after DBT...
    How you can even walk after DBT is beyond me, much less turn down a brew.

Nice sig btw.