Vita brevis

Colors in the hood

My brother came up from 'burque to hang out and get out of the desert for a while. He wanted to ride among the trees and see some color, so we buzzed over to Las Conchas.
    They have put in bridges at all the river crossings; no more carrying the bike over a log.

Jesse climbing out of the canyon.

Checking out some fall color.

Trucking through the aspens

We stopped to play around on this little rock drop below the springs.

Vita brevis
    A couple more...
    I like this corner, when you come around it, you get your first glimpse of Battleship Rock.

This rock used to give me trouble.

RCC
    Bandolero
    nice colors indeed!...thanks for sharing. good bike control on the last two pics.
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

banned
    Nice Rusty! I meant to chat with you some more at Paj, but I was busy bribing the Chama local for ride info. It was fun to see you hit some of those sections and even more fun to see it carry over into your everyday riding. I still haven't been that way this year...hmmm, maybe the timing is right for this weekend. You busy?

Vita brevis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Nice Rusty! I meant to chat with you some more at Paj, but I was busy bribing the Chama local for ride info. It was fun to see you hit some of those sections and even more fun to see it carry over into your everyday riding. I still haven't been that way this year...hmmm, maybe the timing is right for this weekend. You busy?
    Thanks. I enjoyed meeting and riding with you guys (and the gals) at the Ullur fest. Got me some bike envy, riding those Yetis'. I am free this weekend, just be forewarned that I am not particularly fast.

Vita brevis
    Quote Originally Posted by RCC
    nice colors indeed!...thanks for sharing. good bike control on the last two pics.
    Thank you. I fell off of that one the first time I rode that trail and it was a while before I got the guts to try it again.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rustus
    ..., just be forewarned that I am not particularly fast.
    Neither am I. Anyway, who wants to hammer through that gorgeous scenery. I think the Jemez are due for a visit

mtbr member
    great pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Wow, they really cleaned those river crossings up! Nice pics.

bf

mtbr member
    Did they get rid of that big honkin' log bridge a mile or so up from the Las Conchas TH? I always thought that was a pretty cool one.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

Vita brevis
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky
    Did they get rid of that big honkin' log bridge a mile or so up from the Las Conchas TH? I always thought that was a pretty cool one.
    That one washed away in the monsoons. All the crossings are now bridges. At least they didn't put railings on them.