Thread: Chupacabra

Thread Pollution

Chupacabra

With all the violence and needless killing in Waraz,Mex. because of the drug wars ,will the Chupa be safe?The race is great but not worth the trouble if lives are at stake.Has things settled down in Juarez or is it just as bad as the media HAS not reported a thing in up here in Santa Fe.?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The safest place in the world is the Chupacabras race course during the race. There's no way those hundreds of incredible volunteers are going to let anything bad happen to you out there, not to mention the couple/few thousand fellow racers. That whole venue is an oasis of civility.

If you're thinking of moving across the border, or cruising the bars the night before, or after the race, it might be a different story. But, when it comes to drug-related crime statistics, I'd be way more concerned about crossing the line into certain NM counties than crossing the border for a day at Chupa.

Didn't somebody start this same dialogue about Chupa here last year?

Thread Pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson
    The safest place in the world is the Chupacabras race course during the race. There's no way those hundreds of incredible volunteers are going to let anything bad happen to you out there, not to mention the couple/few thousand fellow racers. That whole venue is an oasis of civility.

If you're thinking of moving across the border, or cruising the bars the night before, or after the race, it might be a different story. But, when it comes to drug-related crime statistics, I'd be way more concerned about crossing the line into certain NM counties than crossing the border for a day at Chupa.

Safe?,,,Olympics,and old VFW's who don't do public gatherings,,,,,,,,, .The odd thing [imho] is that it's not a subject of current events in my local newspaper.I mean, geez, there's a war going on between organized crime and the federallies and no help from our imperalists gov't?Reminds me of Sicily and the stories my Grandfather would give for immigrating. Bush is the modern day Mussolini and he let this one slip by... .

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson

This same topic was brought up last year.

I ride to work from El Paso to Juarez daily. They ain't looking to shoot cyclists.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankerdog
    This same topic was brought up last year. ...
    I thought so. Could it have been ...

[SIZE="5"]SATAN!?![/SIZE]