mtbr member

Cedro questions.. Powerline?

Hey there, so I decided to check out the Cedro area today. GPS died so I can't post where. I know I did Cedro Singletrack, part of Pine and Pinon then got back to the campground, went up the road to the tower, followed the lines down to where it forks. Anyhow, my question is where is the trail Powerline? A few offshoots were either side of the road but just numbers... Was I in the right spot? Where is 3B? Can't find a decent map of the area really.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Stop by the ranger station on your way up. They can give you a free map. Not everything is on it but it's still nice to have on big rides.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    You will know if you are on powerline... Super steep and lose gravel and baby heads with some drops into more steep and lose gravel and baby heads.

Skerry, why the f does the "new" cedro reroutes(Da Bone right?) force one down this garbage again?
    Bring mighty mule back and do something about powerline.

mtbr member
    What kind of trail is Da Bone?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    You will know if you are on powerline... Super steep and lose gravel and baby heads with some drops into more steep and lose gravel and baby heads.

Skerry, why the f does the "new" cedro reroutes(Da Bone right?) force one down this garbage again?
    Bring mighty mule back and do something about powerline.
    What would you like done to/about power line ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Be able to go down a fun trail and avoid it? Not have to go down da bone into powerline.

mtbr member
    Right on. Just an alternative route. I like powerline. More trails more better and having options is always good. But for now if you climb up that hill your asking for it.
    Hopefully in the next month or a couple of weeks work will start in Three Bottles on new trails and features.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    No I wouldn't suggest doing anything to powerline itself as I am not a fan of "sensitization." I just think it's a stupid un fun trail retarded to force people down. I could probably even make it down it without stopping now, but it's a waste of the earned elevation. Just frustrating that some good trails were taken out.

Wait, people go UP that?

mtbr member
    Heh, found Powerline today for sure. I went part way down yesterday I guess.. didn't seem like much fun. The bottom was nicer but you are right. Fields of baby heads with loose dirt then jump into more baby heads. Came down and did Chimosos and Delbert's. Still a ton of baby heads just without the jumps into baby heads. I know of some trails around now that have some flow and jumps... To the people asking in other sections what people want, I would be pretty happy with some flow/berms/jumps. Not everything has to be over tech and baby head ridden :P If you need help building hit me up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think I was mixing up up Da Bone and Delberts trail names.

mtbr member
    There is no trail called "Da Bone". The new trail up in tunnel/otero is called Birdhouse.
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC