mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Cedro Peak Renovations?

Anyone know what the heck this means for MTB's?

ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - The New Mexico Off Highway Vehicle Alliance plans to use more than $322,000 in federal funds and $126,000 in matching contributions for trail work in the Cibola National Forest.

The project for the Cedro Peak area was announced Friday.

The group plans to use the money to construct new trail segments, rehabilitate existing trails and install signs on over 60 miles of trail. Some of the money will also go toward trailhead improvements and trail entry control.

The group's partners include the Sandia Ranger District, New Mexico 4 Wheelers, the Black Feather Trail Preservation Alliance and R&S Powersports.

The work is expected to start in the spring. Recreation planning experts from Pan Pacific Services will help manage the project.

banned
    I've heard rumors. We need to support FooMtb so we can acquire some of those funds! We (the MTB community) have the resources to try and secure some of that money.

Hey, wait up!
    Damnitall with the 4-wheeler folks. How do they find time to build their rigs and game the system? Do they not have jobs?
    In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

High Alpine Adventure
    Cid Morgan (Cibola NFS Supervisor) is a BIG supporter of the NMOHVA. She worked with them to get a grant to do all of this. That way they get to look like they are "Part of the Solution and not Part of the Problem".

Don't kid yourself, the Blue Ribbon OHV Alliance is a lot more connected politically than IMBA ever will be! Especially with the NFS.
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat
    Cid Morgan (Cibola NFS Supervisor) is a BIG supporter of the NMOHVA. She worked with them to get a grant to do all of this. That way they get to look like they are "Part of the Solution and not Part of the Problem".

Don't kid yourself, the Blue Ribbon OHV Alliance is a lot more connected politically than IMBA ever will be! Especially with the NFS.
    Well, her husband is an avid OHV enthusiast, correct?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've seen in the Cedro area they have been putting up barriers to keep the 4 wheelers off some trails.

I hope that continues and makes a good delineation between what is singletrack and what is not. If done right, this could be a good thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjoe
    I've seen in the Cedro area they have been putting up barriers to keep the 4 wheelers off some trails.

I hope that continues and makes a good delineation between what is singletrack and what is not. If done right, this could be a good thing.
    Saw the barriers on Friday. Substantial work is being done out there to preserve what singletrack is left.

On the downside some ATV prick(s) have been removing some of the rock and log barriers meant to keep the ST single.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Saw the barriers on Friday. Substantial work is being done out there to preserve what singletrack is left.

On the downside some ATV prick(s) have been removing some of the rock and log barriers meant to keep the ST single.

So when is ATV prick hunting season

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    I rebuilt the barrier at the top of Loan Pine at least 4 times last spring. Only for it to be torn down the next week. I gave up. That hunting season should be year long.