mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Cedro Peak area map

Is "The Trails of Cedro Peak & Otero Canyon" the best map for the area, up to date? How about "trails illustrated"? Heading to Tijeras for the first time this week end with a group and some how I'm once again the designated "guide" for an area I know nothing about. Thanks...

mtbr member
    dunno.

but you can pick up a map at the Tijeras ranger station

Or here is one to get you started:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/cibola/trave...ia/index.shtml

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by danjmeyers
    Is "The Trails of Cedro Peak & Otero Canyon" the best map for the area, up to date? How about "trails illustrated"? Heading to Tijeras for the first time this week end with a group and some how I'm once again the designated "guide" for an area I know nothing about. Thanks...

I do not believe that map is complete - (I'm assuming it's the one on the brownish paper - I have one)

I think all the trails on that map exist, but you will also find more. I recommend a GPS if you are new to the area to keep you from getting too lost. Otherwise, try and stick to the well traveled trails and you should be fine.

mtbr member

You're going to sweat you butt off... I would head higher... Bill Spring-Oso-Tree Spring-up up and up.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Very good input

I just talked every one out of heading south...instead it's north to Taos. My wife just really wanted to preview the CP challenge. Thanks all for the input.

mtbr member
    I just talked every one out of heading south...instead it's north to Taos. My wife just really wanted to preview the CP challenge. Thanks all for the input.

Cool, We (4) are headed up to Taos also. EB and SB.

Have a nice ride maybe we'll see you up there.