tardcore

Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?

Went for a nightride out at Cedro tonight, drank some Guinness and rode a creamcycle or sicle, not too sure. Anyway, it was nice and warm, perfect conditions and a serious blast. The Guinness probably didn't hurt but there was a lot of woohoo'ing in the woods tonight. Here's a couple pics.

I can't figure out how to make a caption for each pic but it's something like Dyna, me looking very dumb, CJ, self portrait while riding and a shot up the trail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1434.jpg  

Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1437.jpg  

Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1439.jpg  

Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1445.jpg  

Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1449.jpg  

tardcore
    another trail shot and whoever said bottle cages were ghey doesn't know how to use um.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1442.jpg  

Cedro, Coyote, Guinness, in the dark on a creamcycle?-img_1440.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice new Turner! I like that you can fit a Guiness on the downtube!
    Looks like a fun eve!

tardcore
    DT really thinks of everything when designing a new bike. Say what you will but how many fancy ass hydro-formed frames can still fit a tallboy? I am thinking about a helmet upgrade. I'm thinking of picking up one of these and adding a chinstrap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bandolero

Turn Off the Lights

Glad someone's night riding.

This showed up in the mail today.

Maybe end of January.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

banned
    Nice, PJ. So how does it ride?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    DT really thinks of everything when designing a new bike. Say what you will but how many fancy ass hydro-formed frames can still fit a tallboy? I am thinking about a helmet upgrade. I'm thinking of picking up one of these and adding a chinstrap.
    At least you'll APPEAR to have more hair

So, how's the Lyric? I did the mod on the Totem SA. I don't think I like it. It worked really well on RCC Totem Coil, but there's not enough mid-stroke support on the SA. I'm gonna try a few more things today.

mtbr member
    Cool. I never rode Cedro at night. Always EG or South Loop. I moved away 8 years ago, and I visited this past summer. I like the new tunnel canyon connection between Cedro and Otero ...

tardcore
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob

Maybe end of January.
    Awesome looking light Bruce, hopefully you'll be out sooner than later. I have a double Burly trailer we could get Bryan to drag you around in for a while Hopefully by the time you're fully recovered you'll have made a years worth of homebrew.

tardcore
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Nice, PJ. So how does it ride?
    Well I could feel the extra weight, it's not bad just takes a little more effort on my part but still plenty snappy on acceleration. I'm glad I had it last night, I felt more comfortable in the rough with the big fork. The whole bike is very stiff now and just rails through fast stuff and plows over the rocks. The two step is perfect too, climbs great and goes down smooth, I didn't need the travel adjust as much as with the Talas because of the extra weight on the front but I did appreciate it. I'm impressed with that wheel set too, really stiff but very light. You gotta try it, it's a whole new bike. Sorry that mod didn't work out, there always the DH damper.

RCC
    Bandolero
    Nice PJ...Guinness is good! Costco just got some in! I should buy a case
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

tardcore
    I think I'll buy a case. I got a couple cases of the Stone IPA, um so good.

saddlemeat

Maybe end of January.
    That's a hell of a light, what does the battery look like?
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

"I'm just a patsy"
    from those photos, it doesn't look like i need more Guinness, but rather a lot more riding and a heavy duty seat post instead...

tardcore
    Bruce, hip us to that light, what s it? Ramon, I grabbed a case of the Guinness today, 18 pk of tallies for $22 or something. VIVA COSTCO! I grabbed a case of the Kirkland handcraft for me and the guys at the shop too. We hit it tonight, not too bad. I'm leaving the Guinness case in my rig for impromptu drinking, pre, during and post ride, be prepared I say. It drinks just fine warm so fock it.

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    Bruce, hip us to that light, what s it? Ramon, I grabbed a case of the Guinness today, 18 pk of tallies for $22 or something. VIVA COSTCO! I grabbed a case of the Kirkland handcraft for me and the guys at the shop too. We hit it tonight, not too bad. I'm leaving the Guinness case in my rig for impromptu drinking, pre, during and post ride, be prepared I say. It drinks just fine warm so fock it.
    Awesome! the wife is going to Costco today and the beer is on the list! VIVA COSTCO!
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

I <3 NM
    Helmet mount available???

Maybe end of January.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Bandolero

Heatseeker

Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Helmet mount available???
    It's called a Lumen Liberator, by troutie-mtb. Cost was 170 as a kit, which I'm unable to put together with my one good hand. He also sells it complete for a bit more.

6 XPG LEDs configurable with the optics of your choice. Probably 1600-2000 lumens. Battery will be a 14.8v Li-ion, again at your choice. Runtime from 1.5-2.5 hrs (hi/lo w 2200mah bat) to 3-5 hrs (hi/lo w 4400mah bat).

MTBR thread and one on the STW forum (caution, 1k posts and brit speak/humor). It's my second light from Chris, the first was a quad which I was going to upgrade as this thing will make it quite redundent.

There are slots on the bottom machined for a velcro strap, but he does have a helmet mount, which I forgot to buy.

See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

7MGTE
    Awesome thread man, thanks . BTW nice Turner as well but those rims have a few to many stickers on them but again sick rims (I own a set and love them as well).

Man I need to get a set of lights to get in on that fun. Only done a handful of night rides (with borrowed lights, thx Bry) but loved everyone of the rides. Not sure what light to get but my go with one from Geomans website.

mtbr member
    ...which I'm unable to put together with my one good hand...

I checked out his site and putting that together would be cake, let me know if you want some help putting that together.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun
    I checked out his site and putting that together would be cake, let me know if you want some help putting that together.
    OT: Hey, how you been? Are you ready to get out for a few rides? Hows that shoulder doing?

Looks expensive esp for you... Are you feeling ok? Anyway sweet ass light Bruce now heal up so you can use it!