Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Cdt

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: perropirana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    439

    Cdt

    Here is where we went this weekend...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Looks familiar.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rotmilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    711
    Looks like a great ride. Is that a trail local to NM or did your weekend carry you beyond the NM borders?
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: perropirana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky
    Looks like a great ride. Is that a trail local to NM or did your weekend carry you beyond the NM borders?
    Yeah, it's near Chama. It was along day at about 11,000 feet. The views were great.
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by perropirana
    It was along day at about 11,000 feet. The views were great.
    Damn...NICE! Have they cleared the blow down on 813?

    Great job, Andy looks tore up.

  6. #6
    ******
    Reputation: nmtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Damn...NICE! Have they cleared the blow down on 813?

    Great job, Andy looks tore up.
    Nope, 813 is closed...

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    What was the route...if you don't mind me asking?

  8. #8
    ******
    Reputation: nmtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    What was the route...if you don't mind me asking?
    No one shared the info that 813 was down...

    Just follow the signs from the road to re-route.
    Last edited by nmtim; 08-11-2008 at 09:53 AM.

  9. #9
    RCC
    RCC is offline
    Bandolero
    Reputation: RCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,503
    it was blue shirt day hu!!!..leo were you wearing blue as well??? just kidding!

    nice views and the picure ain't bad either.thanks for sharing
    Ramon
    Last edited by RCC; 08-13-2008 at 06:48 AM.
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    I surely did! I was trying to keep the jaunt through the 'wilderness' off of the radar, but I did mention that 813 had an impassable blow down. No worries on the closure though. I don't think it is enforced to the degree that 'the poach' is.

  11. #11
    Thread Pollution
    Reputation: makachut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,738
    looks like you were poaching some wilderness above Red Lake in the Cumbres Pass area
    Last edited by makachut; 08-11-2008 at 05:54 PM.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: perropirana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    What was the route...if you don't mind me asking?
    We talked to a park ranger there, after we tried the 813. The re-routed the trail at the head trail. The area is legal, that's what the ranger said. I just don't remember the trail number that intersects CDT. Maybe Tim knows.
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: perropirana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    439
    Nope, the sign is way after that trail. At that pint we walked to the summit.
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,118
    Great shot Leo.


    How many skeeter bites do you guys have?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Great shot Leo.


    How many skeeter bites do you guys have?
    skeeters?

  16. #16
    ******
    Reputation: nmtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtville
    skeeters?
    Duhhh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Who was that masked man?

  18. #18
    ******
    Reputation: nmtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by perropirana
    We talked to a park ranger there, after we tried the 813. The re-routed the trail at the head trail. The area is legal, that's what the ranger said. I just don't remember the trail number that intersects CDT. Maybe Tim knows.
    Follow the little white arrows. Like the mountain bike version of Macbeth.

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by nmtim
    Follow the little white arrows. Like the mountain bike version of Macbeth.
    What ever happened to a map and a compass? Works for me !

  20. #20
    ******
    Reputation: nmtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    What ever happened to a map and a compass? Works for me !
    Works=Lost ?

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by nmtim
    Works=Lost ?
    Lost=Paradise






  22. #22
    ******
    Reputation: nmtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Lost=Paradise
    You sure?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Hey, my idea of paradise!

  24. #24
    Thread Pollution
    Reputation: makachut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by perropirana
    Nope, the sign is way after that trail. At that pint we walked to the summit.
    Why do Bulls leave shlt and cows leave dung?How much soiled toilet paper did you leave for others to appreciate?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: perropirana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    Why do Bulls leave shlt and cows leave dung?How much soiled toilet paper did you leave for others to appreciate?
    You can go now...
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •