Thread: Blue Ribbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Blue Ribbon

Somebody went to A LOT of trouble to demolish a little rock-pile-jump above the meadow on Blue Ribbon - including scattering the rocks across the trail. I stopped long enough the clear the trail. Can't fathom how, or why, that was done. Wasn't like that on Monday, nor were there all the motobike tracks behind the signs on Monday.

mtbr member
    Did it look like the rocks were purposely laid in the middle of the trail? Just wondering whether we've got someone booby trapping....like we've seen in Placitas.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by skerry00 View Post
    Did it look like the rocks were purposely laid in the middle of the trail? Just wondering whether we've got someone booby trapping....like we've seen in Placitas.
    Well, the rocks were purposely left in the middle of the trail, but if anything was booby trapped, it was the feature that the rocks once were. By the sight of it, I'd say a grizzly was looking for ants, someone used a bar to recover their stash, or maybe one of those mysterious UXO's finally turned up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson View Post
    ... or maybe one of those mysterious UXO's finally turned up.
    best explanation
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

I <3 NM
    Maybe these trail features are set to self-destruct after a couple days, leaving nothing but a few scattered rocks and a lot of memories?
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.