Thread: Blocking Gates

mtbr member

Blocking Gates

My guess is that most folks on this forum know better but thought I'd send out a reminder that blocking gates is not permitted. Yesterday I issued several warning notices to vehicles at Oak Flat and Pine Flat that were parked right in front of the gates. You can park to the side of them but if we had a fire, rescue, etc, those vehicles would be drug out of the way and fined $275 or more.

Understandably, with Pine Flats closed and no real trailhead at Oak Flats, there's limited parking. We have some modifications planned at Pine Flat to keep the trailhead open year-round and a new trailhead to be opened at Oak Flat but in the meantime please don't block the gates.

Thanks,

K

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Plenty of gate blocking today. Why not just put a sign on the gates?

mtbr member
    There's a limit to what all can be put on a gate including the required reflective markers, "road closed" sign, etc, etc. There should be a "No Parking" sign next to the gate pointing in that direction. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are missing (our signs are great targets you know). I'll double check the gates for the needed signage.