mtbr member

Bikes are ruining NY

"Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    That's impossible...New York was ruined a long time ago. here in New Mexico, on the other hand, we're very happy with our bikes.

mtbr member
    Bike Snob posted about this a week ago.
    Bike Snob NYC: Extra, Extra: Wall Street Journal Wins At Stupid!

click on the link "dropping this devastating atomic firebomb of nuclear retardation:" for the full video.

Snob does a pretty good job of completely eviscerating her.
    Santa Cruz 5010 V2

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    They have some sort of rent a bike stations in downtown san diego and personally I rarely see people riding them and I think they are an eye soar.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I'm not even going to ask how or why you found this thread, but I digress...

I don't know about San Diego, but The Bikesmith rents townies, fatties, and trail bikes near the bosque. Also within spitting distance of old town. I've seen at least one other establishment near old town doing similar with e-bikes, but I'm not sure of their success.

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123 View Post
    I'm not even going to ask how or why you found this thread, but I digress...
    I've seen at least one other establishment near old town doing similar with e-bikes, but I'm not sure of their success.
    e-bikes, now there goes the neighborhood! Makes me wonder when I'll see my first e-bike on Otero!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post
    e-bikes, now there goes the neighborhood! Makes me wonder when I'll see my first e-bike on Otero!
    What does it matter? They are only really efficient on the climb.

Make sure you yield.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I found this thread via "similar threads" below another thread I was looking at.

Below pic of downtown by my Grandma's. Bike rental setup is an eye soar, and I never see anyone riding around on these bikes:

Bikes are ruining NY-rentabike.jpg

I actually rode with a dude recently that had a 750 watt pedal assist setup on his ibis full suspension. I got to try it. Pretty awesome for people interested in not climbing. Personally, I am in it for the exercise. All power to them. I do not think it should be illegal on trails, personal. 750 watt a good limit though.

banned
    Sep 2005
    My experience with an e-fatty was brief but inspiring.

mtbr member
    Kevbeer thinks bike share stations are an eyesore (dude, your credibility takes a hit when you don't know how to spell relatively simple words), but he's cool with E-bikes on the single track.

Santa Cruz 5010 V2

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm on trial here, Adolf. Just expressing my opinion. And don't think I didn't notice that you corrected your "you're" typo...your credibility has suffered for this brah!

banned
    Sep 2005
    Well, they do take up valuable parking spaces.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Funny article!! I rent bikes in almost every major city that I visit. I find it's the best way to get around to see everything without lugging around my own bike through airports; paying each way to fly with it; finding a secure place to keep it while I'm being a tourist on my own two feet; enjoy more of the city with less crowd shuffling; and get a little better workout while doing so.

Although I've rented everything from hybrids in San Francisco, road race bikes in NYC, to an Orbea Rallon in Basque Country, it's these intelligently located, cheap, durable form of city rent-a-bikes that are most convenient. Boston never looked so good. Oh, and plenty of the local college students love them too - especially when you can't afford to have your only form of transportation stolen from you. Lastly, it is public property after all. I think there are public property types in all major cities that are much more of an eye-sore than a rack of bikes. Though, maybe paint them all Prius blue?