Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bikes -n- Beer

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy View Post
    Santa Fe beer report...

My wife and I rented a casita near the Plaza, and spent 3 days eating, shopping, hot springing, hiking, and for me, drinking beer. I hit ALL 4 (are there more?) breweries in Santa Fe. Here are my vague impressions...
    - 2nd Street - Great location at the Railyard! I ordered a sampler, highlights were the Cream Stout and the Double IPA. I wasn't a big fan of the standard IPA, for me it was very bitter but without the balancing sweetness. I guess that is OK for something different than when I am used to, but not my preference.
    We only had appetizers, the big pretzels with ghee (aww yeah) and calamari, both were good. We were stuffed from lunch at the Plaza Cafe and Kakawa chocolate.
    - Santa Fe Brewing - Lucky for me the quilt store was down this way, so my wife had an extra reason to drive South, as this is a bit out of town. I love their Java Stout. Chicken Killer was great, at 10% still smooth not overly sweet. I liked their Porter enough to buy a six pack of it. Cool tap room. Their taster tray was a bargain - 10 4 oz. pours for $8.50.
    - Marble Tap Room - Marble has a tasting room on the Plaza. Great location with a patio overlooking all the action, and propane heaters for the night. Ordered multiple tasters here too. I've had the Red here in CO, but enjoyed their IPA and Double White. And HBC Brown. They make great beer, for sure.
    - Blue Corn - Our last dinner in Santa Fe. My wife picked it, I felt guilty having us go to yet another brewery by this point. The food was good, real good, our waitress was spotty or just an off night. I liked the IPA, I don't recall anything really sticking out but the beers were solid. Once again I ordered a sampler here.

OK so I wasn't taking notes, and since my wife doesn't drink beer I had to drink all of it, so memory is a little spotty. But I definitely came away happy with the local beer scene and looking forward to my next opportunity.
    is a trip down to ABQ in the cards for you?

La Cumber, Tractor, Marble (the brewery), Chama... etc all beckon
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Ahh, not anytime soon. ABQ is about 7 hours from home. This trip was our first escape from the kids, my in-laws watched them for 4 days while we played in Santa Fe.

I hope to get out that way again maybe within a couple years...

I <3 NM
    You can La Cumbre's Elevated IPA in cans up in SFe.. I recommend it

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    PSA: Witches Tit has been tapped at La Cumbre

I <3 NM
    Yesss!

I <3 NM
    Bosque Brewing Co. is opening October 26th!!

Bosque Brewing | A New Mexico Brewery

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Cool. Not too far from the house either.

Beer Me!
    I will have to check out bosque this winter when I am down there again! Was friends with one of the founders in college.

So to post some ABQ Stoke. I was down there this weekend tasting the brews and ripping the trails. I must say that the trail work done in Tunnel/Otero over the past few years was well worth it! I didn't do the brand spankin new section, but I did ride Tunnel, to gnasty wag, over to blue ribbon, down otero, back up the connector and back on tunnel, and it was spectacular. I haven't ridden these trails in 4 years and they are still awesome, and frankly better than I remember!! I also got to shred the foothills, which was nice, first time I cleared the big rock and the rock wall back to back at the end of pearls dive, good to see my skills have improved since I left town. Albuquerque is great, and I hope to get more riding in the 505 done next year. Nate, next time I am down, we should try and meet up for a beer.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

I <3 NM
    Sure!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Really, what's left to say...Witches Tit, Acclimated IPA, Uzzi and Disc Golf...a few of my favorite things.

Oh and just because I feel like sharing, our offer was accepted for a condo in Angel Fire, so there will be a bit more DH in my future.

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarnaby View Post
    really, what's left to say...witches tit, acclimated ipa, uzzi and disc golf...a few of my favorite things.

Oh and just because i feel like sharing, our offer was accepted for a condo in angel fire, so there will be a bit more dh in my future.
    score

I <3 NM
    First NM beer event I've seen in a while that is FREE

Santa Fe Brewing Company | New Mexico's oldest microbrewery

I <3 NM
    Santa Fe Brewing Co

I <3 NM
    A little Black Friday news:

Albuquerque Beer Scene: Black Friday

One of the BEST can designs ever!

mtbr member
    that is awesome! where'd ya get it?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

I <3 NM
    Whole Foods on Carlisle.

I <3 NM
    Moar good news for beer lovers; maybe ABQ will get Dogfish Head and Russian River offerings now..

Total Wine to open two ABQ locations - New Mexico Business Weekly

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Moar good news for beer lovers; maybe ABQ will get Dogfish Head and Russian River offerings now..

Total Wine to open two ABQ locations - New Mexico Business Weekly
    Saweeeet! I'm hoping the same as you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    beer

likes beer
    If anyone here cares, I did purchase a Magic Hat variety 12-pack at Jubilation last week, so I guess we'll be getting beer from there soon.

Now if we could just score some Hopslam from Bells Brewery in Michigan!

and if we're getting Dogfishhead, maybe we can get this too. 9%
    I wonder what the secret ingredient is??

Last edited by manida; 11-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.

I <3 NM
    Santa Fe Black IPA
    From Kelly's on Juan Tabo & Central

saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Santa Fe Black IPA
    reminds me of a porter.

Good!
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Kelly's on Juan Tabo/Eubank has a few sets of this. I suspect they won't last long even at the exorbitant price they are asking.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Kelly's on Eubank/Juan Tabo has a few sets of these. Even at their exorbitant price they won't last long.

I <3 NM
    same with the Abyss

Albuquerque Beer Scene
    Last edited by MTBNate; 12-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast