mtbr member

Bike and Brew Festival, May 16-18

If you all haven't seen the national ads nor heard about it, here is the website for the Bike and Brew Festival. This idea was just started in earnest in January and already has tens of thousands of dollars of support from local entities for marketing. We are hoping this will be one of the biggest bike festivals in the country for years to come.

I'm helping to organize the bike portion of the events. We'll still be adding more events and clinics in the coming weeks. Since this is the first year things are not as polished as they will be in future years. We'll likely still have another couple clinics on Sunday and a dirt jump event at La Tierra.

Here is a request for volunteers and the perks:

Hi Team,

Just wanted to put our Volunteer Worksheet in the hands of each of you. Please feel free to distribute this far and wide to good people who like to support these kinds of projects.

Unofficially, Tim Fowler and the Fat Tire Society are coordinators of our volunteers and ride leaders on Saturday ... but myself and Nichole Breihan will also be point people on the project with regards to the Friday night event.

Thanks for all your help, and we will be meeting late this week for a marketing and events committee strategy push... just 60 days to go!!!

Sincerely,

Chris Goblet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6W...it?usp=sharing
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    That sounds like a lot of fun. But now I have to choose... Dawn Til Dusk or Bikes and Beer.

Monster FTW
    I'm here from Houston, Texas for this! I will only be able to attend on Friday for the "Bike Instead of Work MTB Ride" - any idea what the route will be? The site says TBD, so I don't know what I've signed up for really...
    N + 1

I ride with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Redaggie03 View Post
    any idea what the route will be? ..
    It will be less flat than Houston, and at a higher elevation.

Monster FTW
    I figured that much :P

1 mile? 46 miles?
    N + 1

I ride with tools
    I figured that much :P

1 mile? 46 miles?
    Somewhere in between there.

crap magnet
    I'm here from Houston, Texas for this! I will only be able to attend on Friday for the "Bike Instead of Work MTB Ride" - any idea what the route will be? The site says TBD, so I don't know what I've signed up for really...
    There's really only 2 trail systems easily accessible via bicycle from downtown - La Tierra or Dale Ball. My guess is it'll be one of those two in which case you're most likely looking at 10-12mi of trail with a couple of additional miles pedaling to the trailhead. Hopefully they'll update the Bike and Brew website. Other than what time and where to meet, it's pretty vague regarding ride details.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

mtbr member
    That ride doesn't have details, but the others do. It will likely be DB but depends on who shows up. Don't expect an update.

All the trails are accessible from downtown, just depends how much you want to pedal to hit dirt.

Speaking of rides, my Atalaya ride has scared away folks and not many signing up. Join me if you like chunk and speed and don't mind climbing to get it.

The clinic with Macky on Sunday should be great too. I put that one together and will be doing it myself. Rode w him up Pacheco and Winsor to the ski lot and did REM. He is a ripper. Sign up!
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

Monster FTW
    Cool, I hope its DB - I read that its a good trail. Anyone else going? It would be nice to meet someone there.
    N + 1