Bandolero Crew N.M.

... and if we just ... Big plans for the fourth?

So what are all the big plans for the long weekend? No fire restrictions, great weather. Should make for some great rides and camping. I think Ill hit the Monarch Crest trail, Some of the Colorado trail and other sweet trails in the Marshall Pass, Salida area.

banned
    I'm trying to talk the fam into the Trujillo Meadows so I can hit up Archuleta/CDT area. The stuff goat posted on the east ridge looks interesting and I hear there is a pretty big waterfall on that side as well. Whadya say?

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Plenty of stuff open in the Ark. Valley (I was up there last weekend), but I predict you'll be doing a lot of post-holing over big drifts if you attempt Monarch this early. If you want a 2nd opinion, give a call to the guys at Absolute in Salida, as they monitor it pretty closely.
    - Joe

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    If Monarch is still got snow, theres still lots of good stuff In the area. On Memorial weekend, did some of the Colorado trail at Marshall Pass. I could all most make it over to Silver Creek. That should be rideable now. Then you got 18 miles down to the Hwy. Most of that was clear then. Ill check on the condition at Monarch. Thanks. Hey Brian, were meeting a bunch of family at Marshall again, Thanks for the invite.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Monarch Crest looks like it could be a go for this weekend. Word is that there is still some snow on the trail, but expected to be rideable by the weekend. So what are some other plans for the weekend? Any body else heading out of town?

mtbr member
    Just got back from Salida Monday. On Saturday Absolute Bikes told us we would need to haul our bikes through a lot of snow if we rode on Monarch Crest. Don't really know what that means, but we rode Silver Creek to Rainbow -- very sweet conditions, then Bear Creak to Rainbow on the east side. Quite amazing.

Good luck and let us know if you give it a try this coming weekend. Pictures????

FYI, I'll be riding Winsor from Tesuque to Borrego/Bear Wallow and back on Friday morning around 9 if anyone wants to join in.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Hey thanks for the new info on Monarch. Were going to camp right down from Marshal Pass in that big meadow area. The Colorado trail crosses right there. Great access to Silver Creek,Bear Creek, Starvation Creek, and more. All good stuff. Dout if ill try Monarch. But I think I can keep myself occupied