bcd
    mtbr member

ben hall epic ride

my brother is doing a race/ride with potluck!
    who is going?

alex

http://bcdracing.com/hawke/epic.html

banned
    Been waiting for this! Thanks Alex. I should be there if not just so I can scout the north faulty route.

Sublime Absurdity
    Holy fricking pain cave batman! Please tell me that people will be walking some of those techy climbs. If anyone can climb that first part of Faulty after Cienega, I think I might just give up mountainbiking and become a roadie . It actually seems funny to have that "mean little climb" note on "other faulty" - sure it's steep, but it is at least fairly smooth compared to climbing Oso/Tree Springs.

I am really curious about that "sketchy unnamed trail" after the ski area before "other faulty" (called North Mystery Trail on my map). Is that thing cleared out? Is it doable in the other direction?
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers
    March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

banned
    I am assuming (knowing who is putting it on) that they have scouted the area and at least done some minor clearing. I hope! I would have assisted in the clearing had I know they planned this again.

Sublime Absurdity
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    I would have assisted in the clearing had I know they planned this again.
    Same here - I hike the "other faulty" part with the dog sometimes so it would be easy for me to do some clearing out there. I think I know where "sketchy unnamed trail" connects to "other faulty" near the stream crossing, but where exactly does it come up near the ski area? Does it come up to the big parking area on the right before the ski area? If so, which trail is it specifically?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sodade
    Same here - I hike the "other faulty" part with the dog sometimes so it would be easy for me to do some clearing out there. I think I know where "sketchy unnamed trail" connects to "other faulty" near the stream crossing, but where exactly does it come up near the ski area? Does it come up to the big parking area on the right before the ski area? If so, which trail is it specifically?
    I have searched for the TH. The p-lot across from the ski area is where it starts. If you follow the gated access road down to an old pump house, I think you will find it in the underbrush somewhere. I did not explore too much and I think I would prefer starting at the lower TH where the trail is more defined. Wanna have a go at this on Sunday Aaron?

Sublime Absurdity
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Wanna have a go at this on Sunday Aaron?
    Sunday is wife day and I hope to be beating the crap out of my legs today and tomorrow. I'm riding my roadbike up to the crest this afternoon. Depending on how that goes, I will either do another road ride on Sat or maybe I'll climb KotM...

Maybe after a few more weekends of riding like this I might feel up to tackling this extremely epic route.