mtbr member

Anyone up for Pajarito & Angel Fire later in Jul/Aug?

I live in Flagstaff, AZ; spent July 4th weekend in northern NM. Stopped by Pajarito; closed of course, but I hiked trails for a couple hours. Wow! This place looks spectacular!

Then, headed up to Angel Fire. Didn't get in a ride, monsoons & lightning, but again: Wow! Ollie and World Cup gave me w*t dreams; the 4x course looked evil. Yikes.

I definitely want to drive back out in late Jul/early Aug, get in 2-3-4 days of fr/dh. Hopefully in several weeks the weather will begin behaving. Might anyone be interested in a long weekend at Pajarito plus Angel Fire (of couse, coincident with Pajarito's schedule)? I don't like riding fr/dh solo; prefer riding with others, from safety and confidence perspectives.

Whaddya think?

banned
    Are you one of those crazy arse freeriding uni's.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I ride muni. Sustained, long decents really beat the hell out of my knees, tho. So, for a Pajarito/Angel Fire trip, I'd ride on two wheels.

mtbr member
    I don't really do the DH/FR thing at Pajarito. I like to think it's my XC bike frame isn't designed for that...and yea that's part of it. On the other hand, I like my body parts in the position they're in, so I tend to avoid doing things on a trail that might rip them off.

Now, if you want to hook up with someone to do some of the XC riding on the many Los Alamos singletracks, I'll gladly do that. I'm up for the chunky, technical single track. Not so much 8' hucks.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

mtbr member
    I should be at Pajarito that weekend since some Durango buddies are visiting, You're always welcome to tag along. I may look into doing a day at AF since I havn't been up there this year, don't know yet what my schedule looks like right now. You'll love the riding especially at Pajarito most people do. I built most of the hard trails up there and also built that Olie trail for AF. Killer big FR stuff out near the river in Santa Fe but its probably too hot right now unless there's a good rain. Post up when you know your schedule
    RICH