mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Anyone seen a Ktrak out there?

Apparently, since this thing only has one wheel, it is not a bicycle, and thus can explore the sacred, designated Wilderness. (correction: it's still a "mechanical device" and prohibited, oh well)

See: http://www.ktrakcycle.com/

BTW, folks watch out for a few pending bills in Congress, called "America's Great Outdoors Act" among others, that will swiftly remove our favorite trails. Winsor trail may be next. It is rumored to be on the table for wilderness designation by swift and quiet "Omnibus Bills". Contact your Senators and Reps to let them know there is a way to share wilderness by carefully planning the easements, corridors and designations around cycling use. They should not rubber stamp the groovy wilderness bill, but should slow it down and think it through.

Check out this site too: http://www.facebook.com/WildernessB?v=wall#!/WildernessB?v=info

Speak up before it's too late or heck, just buy a Ktrak...
    Last edited by Sage_Cat; 12-23-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    I recall Rotmilky posting up some pics a couple years ago of him flailing about on one at Pajarito. If it wasn't a Ktrak, it was something similar. If he's still got it, I bet you could talk him out of it pretty cheap, as I don't think he was smitten with it. I looked for the thread but couldn't find it.
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe
    I recall Rotmilky posting up some pics a couple years ago of him flailing about on one at Pajarito. If it wasn't a Ktrak, it was something similar. If he's still got it, I bet you could talk him out of it pretty cheap, as I don't think he was smitten with it. I looked for the thread but couldn't find it.
    Found it: 29er vs Ktrak 26er in snow. Fight!

Looks like he just had the back track.

mtbr member
    Oops, haven't been checking the board all that often.

Yep, I had one. I rode it for a winter, mainly up at Pajarito cross country trails. It rode fine, although it was quite a bit of work. But I had two major issues with it. The first is that my rack mount uses a wheel clamp to hold the bike on. When I stuck on the ski, I couldn't haul it on the rack. The second problem was if I got off the trail (which is easy in 12" of powder), the ski would dive under fallen logs, twigs, etc. Given the amount of deadfall around LA, the only place I was comfortable riding it was on the cross country trails. I got bored riding those in one season. So I sold it.

Shoot me a PM if you want to know more.

--Rot
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."