I <3 NM

Anyone looking for a new 29r wheelset at great price?

I figured that I'd share the infoz I got from a buddy:

wheelset deal - Hope Pro2 Evos/crests - $350 shipped
    I'm in the early stages of a Spearfish build for this season, and have been contemplating what I was going to do for wheels.

I thought about rebuilding around my Kings on my 26er, but I was still looking at $400 for the Carbon hoops I was looking at, plus spokes and nips. And my hubs are red,which would was effing up my Feng shui on the blue highlights on the frame.

I randomly came across a thread pointing out the Hope-built Hope-Hoops wheels on wiggle.com - black Hope Pro2 evo hubs, ZTR Crest 29's, Sapim spokes. Shipped to the US for free, applied a 12% discount code I found online. $350 shipped.

That's pretty much a steal for what my math says shouldbe a sub 1700gram 29er wheelset, if you can get in under the 190lb Crest rider limit. I'm on the bleeding edge right now, should be lighter in the summer. Heck - the Hope hubs cost ~$280 by themselves,and Crest hoops are still $85 each. Even if I fold one, I'm not out a lot, IMO.

If you want a set - go to wiggle.com and look in the wheels category - you'll find them. You order front and rear separately. The "SP" series are straight pull versions of the hubs, I stayed away from em.

12% off promo code is 12EXTRA
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    works for the 26ers too.

Set of Flows on Evos for $376 is a steal.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Desert RAT
    Anyone ever ordered from wiggle? Good or bad luck? Thats a great DEAL!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_B View Post
    Anyone ever ordered from wiggle? Good or bad luck? Thats a great DEAL!!!
    I ordered this wheelset (came across this thread in a google search)... They came today. I had to use PayPal to pay for them because none of my credit cards would work (its in Britain). Everything looks great (i just took them out of the box). Shipping was quick and packed very well. Nice looking wheels and they seem very light.