mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Anybody checking out the rainbow gathering?

Hey!

I'm heading down to do some riding in new mexico later this month,

and check out the rainbow gathering, wherever it ends up.

Anyone else heading there, and do you want to arrange some shuttle rides maybe?

Bandolero

D F Hs!

Quote Originally Posted by ulcerpentacidis
    Hey!

I'm heading down to do some riding in new mexico later this month,

and check out the rainbow gathering, wherever it ends up.

Anyone else heading there, and do you want to arrange some shuttle rides maybe?
    Are you a farking moron? You have no idea how much crap I've had to deal with in the last 72 hours but that wins the award for the stupidest thing I've heard this month.

Those Dirty Farking Hippies (DFH) can kiss my ass. They need to get a life and clean up AFTER one of their gatherings. The immense amount of trash that they generate, the huge impact they have on trails, wildlife/communities, begging on the streets, the "unsavory" ones grubbing out an existence by dine&dash, smash& dash, drugs&crash and selling their crap new age BS.

I, for one, hope they go out to Gallup this year and avoid this area like the plague. We've got enough transients in the ABQ and SAF area.

By the way, moron, you capitalize states. In addition your grammar and punctuation sucks. You should learn at least one language to a 6th grade level. If you ever went to elementary school, I hope all of your teachers got fired for incompetence.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    lol.

anyways, i'm definitely going to ride parajito and angel fire for the lift action while in the area. i've been sifting through a bunch of the advice on other trails in this forum too, although i'm not quite sure what i'll end up hitting. i'm riding a cove g spot that is pretty built up, and while i don't mind slogging out some serious uphill i really only want to ride trails with an awesome payout. (downhill)

any suggestions beyond your initial tirade bro?

banned
    You handled that well. Please know that knob was mostly being a smartarse.

Hopefully cleanup and reclamation will be a primary focus for these individuals.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ulcerpentacidis
    lol.

anyways, i'm definitely going to ride parajito and angel fire for the lift action while in the area. i've been sifting through a bunch of the advice on other trails in this forum too, although i'm not quite sure what i'll end up hitting. i'm riding a cove g spot that is pretty built up, and while i don't mind slogging out some serious uphill i really only want to ride trails with an awesome payout. (downhill)

any suggestions beyond your initial tirade bro?
    Give us dates and when and where you plan on staying. There is plenty of FR/DH stuff available.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Lots of stuff to ride in the area. Like 123 said let us know dates.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'll be arriving around the middle of june, maybe a little later, and staying thru the first week of july. as far as i can tell the gathering is going to land in either the carson or santa fe national forest. it could be elsewhere, but likely it'll be one of those two. i'll probably spend the majority of my time at the gathering, and day trip from there to the different rides in the area. i'm open to riding pretty much anything fun, and will have a vehicle with a rack and plenty of cargo space to run shuttles.

i'll admit though, knob is probably right in some regards. there will be alot of transients rolling through the area, probably doing some begging and sign flying. maybe a bit of shoplifting too. not my favorite part about gathering culture, but when everything is free, and most everyone is accepted, some unsavory characters are bound to show up for a free ride. the nuisance will pale in comparison to the money that will get spent in the region imo. aside from enduring a few weeks of freaks, overall the gathering is usually seen in a positive light by locals by the time its said and done. and some of you that come out and see for yourselves, i'll invariably see you in the years to come..

banned
    We are planning some sort of epic weekend 24th-28th. Our brothers from AZ will be in town. It will probably involve the best of the best of Santa Fe and Pajarito. Do some searching on Pajarito and Santa Fe..ie, Ravens Ridge and Rio en Medio (REM) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    This is not the first time the gathering has been in our backyard. Last time the Forest Service folks said that the Rainbows were much cleaner than the hunters that are always up there. I checked out the site a year later and the place looked better than new with planted trees sprouting and everything generally clean. I am the first to get sick of begging dirt bags on every corner in our already pretty poor town, but lets get our facts straight. They are dirt bags that are a huge drain on the resources up here but they do not necessarily muck up the forest, at least not here.
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

saddlemeat

Fresh meat is always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    I, for one, hope they go out to Gallup this year and avoid this area like the plague. We've got enough transients in the ABQ and SAF area.
    Gallup is a hard sell for your average hippie, too much competition.

I went to a gathering near Taos some years back, fun!
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    I like how the rainbow folks always think that beads are a fair trade for anything.
    For instance, if they see you walking to your car in Albertsons parking lot w/ a 12 pack of beer, "Dude, can I have a couple beers out of your 12 pack for these beads?", "By the way, do you have any spare change? I need gas & food for my dog".
    They should know that the only thing beads are good for is Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I don't think drunk girls on Bourbon Street would really like my hippie beads, though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    We are planning some sort of epic weekend 24th-28th. Our brothers from AZ will be in town. It will probably involve the best of the best of Santa Fe and Pajarito. Do some searching on Pajarito and Santa Fe..ie, Ravens Ridge and Rio en Medio (REM) and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Sounds fun, I'll have to get in touch once the date gets a little closer.

Custom User Title
    Growing up in the Jemez, I'll never get over the "impact" those folks had on my backyard. It's nice to hear that they are putting in some effort now, but they've got a lot of making up to do. Just my .02

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ok.

So my dates had to shift back a week due to work constraints. I'll be arriving sometime next saturday (the 27th) and am planning to ride parajito mtn for the lift service that sunday. @mtnbiker123, are you guys gonna be out there that day? If so, it'd be cool to hook up and do some riding and here what else you've got to say about the area. . . .

banned
    We'll be there Sunday. We are riding an epic on Saturday, though. Can you get into town a day early?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Dunno.

We're leaving around 4pm central time on friday, and its about a 20 hour drive. Chances are we'll be too bombed out to do an epic ride that day. If you want to pm me your number I can give you a heads up friday evening on what our projected eta is. My name is Tim too, btw...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    We are riding an epic on Saturday, though.
    Cochiti or SFBFL?

banned
    SF(mini)BFL. Pacheco/Aspen Vista/RR/REM