off to ride
    Jun 2008

another fun ride

had a great time adventuring further on 365 this evening right before the cloud burst. The closer you get to the tram the more technical the trail gets. A little too techincal for me at points, but I have to learn sometime!

But this photo definitely shows why we love ABQ!

Question for you guys - what do you rate this trail compared to some out near Cedro/Otero or the trails near San Ysidro when it comes to the technical aspect? Just curious if I need to get a bit stronger riding or if I could handle what it throws at me out there. Thanks for the info?
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    White Mesa should be next on your list.

off to ride
    Jun 2008
    are you saying that "tounge in cheek?"

banned
    No...give WM a try. Good swoopy DH in the beginning and some moderate short but steep climbs in the end. If you liked the foothills you will love White Mesa...have fun!

banned
    Here is a vid.

off to ride
    Jun 2008
    looks cool! thanks for video. some of the trails on the ridges look skinny but as long as I keep in control and the speed down, I should be good. May be hitting it in the morning.

banned
    The camera exaggerates that a bit. Only one section along the steep embankment has a slight 'pucker' factor. Its the section in the video where the dude was doing the track stand. You may want to give it a chance to dry out and push it back a day or two. The mud out there is nasty. Careful of high winds too. Whatever its doing in the city, multiply that by two. WM can be miserable when it is really windy.

off to ride
    Jun 2008
    sounds good. thanks for the info. I can imagine how bad that area is when windy - as fine as the dirt looks.

If it got some rain, I'll hit it up soon then. I'm not sure where I'm riding in the am, but definitely headed out somewhere.