Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    P-dubs, this is TJ. Change of plans. I'll now be there all weekend. Let's hook up and schralp the hero dirt, homie! Got hooked up with a free room at the resort and tickets to the bike industry party from my buddy at SRAM! Looking forward to riding with you again!

gotta get up to get down
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorte View Post
    P-dubs, this is TJ. Change of plans. I'll now be there all weekend. Let's hook up and schralp the hero dirt, homie! Got hooked up with a free room at the resort and tickets to the bike industry party from my buddy at SRAM! Looking forward to riding with you again!
    Excellent! Gonna be a rowdy time....can't wait, wish I could press a button and fast forward to Friday.

Ow!
    So, how was it last weekend? How are the new trails? Condition of trails? At least one inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    So, how was it last weekend? How are the new trails? Condition of trails? At least one inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks.
    The new upper Boulder Dash line is awesome and riding better as people use it more. Makes the entire Boulder Dash line so much more rewarding & longer.
    Also, the new lower part of Chutes & Ladders, at the bottom, has done the exact same thing - longer & better.
    Lemonade & Sierra were so perfectly wet & tacky that they begged to be ridden hard as ever. The harder you pushed your bike into those trails, the better they responded to the effort... tight singletrack twists & curves that grip so good!
    World Cup was what it always is: a tough-ass trail that keeps even the best riders on their toes.
    The re-invented Candyland is off the hook. It still needs to be ridden in by more riders, but it's got some amazing new huge berms and hip jumps. The big table-tops have been injected with steroids. They are huge floaters now. Much bigger air on each big table-top. They scare me.
    The new Angel's Plunge is ridden in much better and it totally rips. Especially when it was as wet and consolidated as it will ever get - due to the 1st weekend of the year combined with snow infusion.
    Each day dried everything out considerably. There was a huge transgression between opening day & the 3rd day of the year, for the bike park. Trails that were sloppy & muddy became absolutely delightful. Trails that were perfect on the first day, became dry, dusty & riddled with braking bumps by Sunday.
    Some of the best trails, DH Supreme & Chillin', were closed for good reason. Too wet & muddy, so they needed to be preserved for our own benefit.
    The place was crowded with hundreds of stoked CO, AZ, TX & NM downhill & freeriders all weekend. The staff handled the huge crowds as efficiently and speedily as I've ever seen (Kudos to the AF staff!). They even have new additional side-hooks on the chairs that allow a chair to carry 2 bikes instead of 1.
    Took a couple laps with the trail crew guys and they told me great things about the 2 new trails coming in this year: Hungry Hippo & Devinci's Code. We should be able to ride them on the last 2 or 3 weekends this year, after they are built. Looks like it will be able to come in better on the 2nd year, as with any new trail built in AF Bike Park. They can only build during the bike season due to snow, so all new trails are introduced at the end of the year and reach their potential by the second year, when they are actually ridden in by the riders.
    Also they have done some amazing re-shaping of lower Supreme. That line is turning into such an amazing, real-deal "greatest hits" trail.
    Things are looking great in AF. It blows my mind how they step it up so much more every year. Go hit that sh!t!!!!

Ow!
    Thanks delnorte. Yep, I am mentally ready. Now just got to plan and go. Finishing up getting the new DH bike ready this weekend. Oh, man! I am feeling like a little kid.

mtbr member

Re: Angelfire Stoke...

I need to make a trip out there. That looks killer!!!! Im over here in centex and been dreaming about riding stuff like that. Cool videos guys!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Im over here in centex
    Central Texas??

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Central Texas??
    Ya Austin.

Actually just hit up a few buds on facebook about coming out in August.

mtbr member
    hows the scene out there??

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    hows the scene out there??
    Ooo we have ALOT of trails. Its a bike mecca mainly for roadies. But ive never been bored riding the trails we have. Alot of it is rocky which is kind of annoying. But for the most part its good. I love some badass flowing single track with jumps.

We do have freeride512 out here as well but I have not been to that park yet. Supposedly they are gonna be there at angel fire opening weekend.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I will be heading there alone this Friday the 30th and ride the whole week...will anyone else be there to ride with?

banned
    May 2014
    I remember when the mention of AF received little to no feedback. Heh..the DH bug is infectious!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2