Thread: Angel Fire Lift

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Angel Fire Lift

Is it worth buying the all day lift tickets at Angel Fire? What is the average time to get to the bottom on the XC trails? Can anyone guestimate the temps on top at the end of June/

Thanks,

Marty

banned
    Go to Pajarito instead.

More bang for the buck..imo.

Thread Pollution
    The temps will be short sleeve un less it rains ,then long sleevesI haven't done the lifts in 4 years,but the last time I did it went like this.Make sure you get there early cause they will shut down the lifts if any indication of lightening is in the area aka summer monsoons typically roll thru there on a daily basis.That said and done.The descent is pretty fast cann't remember the minutes.and after about 6 runs I'm pretty beat and takes convincing and arm twisting todo 7 or 8.so yeah by the allday and hope the clouds won't build up.
    Its also a good ascent and fun to skip the lifts and ride your bike up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Cool Thanks.

mtbr member
    It's worth it. Pajarito is better, but Angel Fire is still cool. They have some knarly DH trails. The XC trails from the top are easier. I know they are always building trails at Angel Fire, so there might be some new cool trails this year. Check their website for more info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Is Angel Fire really closing back down until June 12th after this weeks Chile Challenge? I was planning on leaving next week for AF.

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Quote Originally Posted by TXPhisher
    Is Angel Fire really closing back down until June 12th after this weeks Chile Challenge? I was planning on leaving next week for AF.
    http://www.angelfireresort.com/summe...ies-biking.php
    "A splendid time was had by all and all were had." ~ Wire Train

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yes -- that was why I was asking. So I guess the answer is yes, they do re-close after they open for a week. Very weird schedule skipping 3-5 days closure in between several times throughout the summer.

7MGTE
    Will you be in Pajarito this weekend?

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    Will you be in Pajarito this weekend?
    Nah, thought about it but had to blow some cash on parts for the DHR. Blew things up on that rock wall notch right before the end (new name for that move..."C-note notch") that day I saw you at Sandia. Cable, housing, hanger, derailleur shredded. Good thing Go-Ride had the last f'n DHR/Highline hanger in the US or I'd be XC/Am/Agro-boy until Turner made some more.

If I can get out of my honey-dos I may head out and spectate. Be there for sure the 6th and maybe camp and do it again the 7th.

You still racing?

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Quote Originally Posted by TXPhisher
    Yes -- that was why I was asking. So I guess the answer is yes, they do re-close after they open for a week. Very weird schedule skipping 3-5 days closure in between several times throughout the summer.
    So weird I bought a season pass.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQDave
    Nah, thought about it but had to blow some cash on parts for the DHR. Blew things up on that rock wall notch right before the end (new name for that move..."C-note notch") that day I saw you at Sandia. Cable, housing, hanger, derailleur shredded. Good thing Go-Ride had the last f'n DHR/Highline hanger in the US or I'd be XC/Am/Agro-boy until Turner made some more.

If I can get out of my honey-dos I may head out and spectate. Be there for sure the 6th and maybe camp and do it again the 7th.

You still racing?
    I wish, no funds for the race. Going up Sat. to ride as well as Sunday (well after the race of course). I need to dial in my suspension some and Bone Crusher is calling me so should be a good time.

I will see if I can make it on the next week as well. If so lets do a few runs if you got time?
    Andy or Tim coming with you?

I ride with tools

What's this?

ABQDave and Supra MK on speaking terms? When did this happen?

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Beam
    ABQDave and Supra MK on speaking terms? When did this happen?
    Met the man in person a few weeks ago doing some DH in east mtns. Cool dude, awesome bike as well but did not get to ride with him on that day. We laughed about the whole Bando vs. Ando flame wars, talked about bikes and what not. Looking forward to riding with the man this season, as well as Andy, Tim and yourself (just to name a few).

Are you heading up for the race or to ride the DH stuff up north this weekend?