banned

Alien Run or Alien 'Fun'?

While I wouldn't recommend driving the 220 or so miles to the TH, if you have some time to spare and your in the area its worth a visit. Guess they have added in a loop option that now totals I would guess 12 miles of ST. Overall it wasn't the most pleasurable experience on a 6" travel rig, but it definitely had some alternate lines

Note that the TH is a little hard to find, so you may want to call ahead to the LBS.

EDIT: Here is a rather lengthy vid that prompted my visit 'Alien Run' Aztec, NM

I met up with a mom/dad duo and they showed me the goods Not many pics, but here is the jist of it.

From the TH looking towards the crashsite

Some signage

Carbs!

Met up with this kind Dad/Daughter team and they showed me the goods. He kept pointing to all of the FR lines that the locals have marked up. It is very discreet, but they are there

Crashsite...

That is all. Its a pretty good aerobic loop if you can keep up a good momentum. The surface is very abrupt in places
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 08-27-2008 at 08:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the review. I've always wondered about this trail. Given that it's about 250 miles for me, whereas Durango is 200, I always find myself heading north.

Did you find your climbing legs you earned on Friday came in handy?
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

banned
    Nope! Couple of techy sections that I cleaned and one at the very end was steep and tight otherwise it was somewhat like the foothills and white mesa all rolled into one as far as textures, plus some red mesa slickrock thrown in for fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'll get some more shots out there this weekend. Looks like a cool trail.
    Visit my Photography Website
    http://www.wanderlustgalleries.com

banned
    It's decent. Definitely worth the 20 min drive while you are there. The trail can be a little hard to follow and not the easiest to find the TH.