mtbr member

Albuquerque Makes Top Ten List

I'm not sure how much stock I put in these random lists but we'll take it right?

The Top 10 Mountain Bike Cities in North America | Singletracks Mountain Bike Blog

mtbr member
    Eh, the dude that writes half the stuff on singletracks is pretty worthless. After going through his Moab guide, I won't believe a thing anymore....

That being said, good for ABQ for being recognized and nice shot Jerry!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I thought the premise of the article was a little hokey, but glad to see ABQ get some love.
    Blur LT & Highball

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'm always surprised that we don't make more of these biking town lists. I think the trails around here are excellent! I think it's fine if we keep that to ourselves though, too!

Also, I'd like to make it official that I take back anything bad I ever said about the foothills. Some gracious riders have been showing me around, and I am quite amazed. Last year I couldn't wait for the East Mtns to be rideable, and this year I hardly want to leave the foothills! Thanks guys!

Airborne Flight Crew
    For sure, good to see some ABQ love. Those list stories, by any site/magazine never really float my boat...
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: Albuquerque Makes Top Ten List

Quote Originally Posted by Skelldify View Post
    I'm always surprised that we don't make more of these biking town lists. I think the trails around here are excellent! I think it's fine if we keep that to ourselves though, too!

Also, I'd like to make it official that I take back anything bad I ever said about the foothills. Some gracious riders have been showing me around, and I am quite amazed. Last year I couldn't wait for the East Mtns to be rideable, and this year I hardly want to leave the foothills! Thanks guys!
    Foothills are hard to pass up for ease of access if you live in Albuquerque.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelldify View Post

Long live the foot hills.

Aside from features there is still some untapped trail potential. All the way down by the freeway there are some areas that have no trails yet. Its only gonna get better.