mtbr member

Albuquerque June 6th and 7th...

I will be in Albuquerque on the 6th and 7th of June, so I am looking to ride some nice trails while I am there. I don't huck, jump, drop, or hop, so looking to ride long single track that isn't too terribly techy for XC.

Suggestions? I have never ridden outside of the Four Corners, so any direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    All pretty much XC, in order of increasing tech:
    Corrales Bosque- Flat, 14-18 miles out and back, the most difficult thing here is some sandy spots

North Foothills - Lots of trails to string together for as long a ride as you want, 365 from Glenwood Hills Trailhead to the water tower is a favorite ride at about 12 miles.

White Mesa - Outer loop is about 8.5 miles but can be repeated, gets steep in some parts but nothing I'd consider really techy
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." 2drsrbtrrthn4

mtbr member
    You could also check out the Pine/Oak flats area. That seam's to be a little more mellow or XC then Otero.
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member
    Nice - thanks guys! I looked at White Mesa - and will look into Pine/Oak flats area. Is there more than one trail in San Ysidro (sp?)? In the past, I have seen two parking areas, one before town, and one after town where it looks like riders park. Are those new trails?

mtbr member
    I would recommend Otero and Oak Flats. White Mesa is going to be hot and there is no cover out there.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Nice - thanks guys! I looked at White Mesa - and will look into Pine/Oak flats area. Is there more than one trail in San Ysidro (sp?)? In the past, I have seen two parking areas, one before town, and one after town where it looks like riders park. Are those new trails?
    The parking lot just North of San Ysidro on 550, on the North side of the highway is the Red Mesa Parking lot, could be XC if you ride it that way, but more of a tech area. Not sure of a trailhead/parking lot in San Ysidro.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I would recommend Otero and Oak Flats. White Mesa is going to be hot and there is no cover out there.
    True, but you may catch a cool day, or you could do it as a night ride if you have lights. It's too bad your dates don't correspond with a full moon. White Mesa is a lot of fun under a full moon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    The parking lot just North of San Ysidro on 550, on the North side of the highway is the Red Mesa Parking lot, could be XC if you ride it that way, but more of a tech area. Not sure of a trailhead/parking lot in San Ysidro.
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    True, but you may catch a cool day, or you could do it as a night ride if you have lights. It's too bad your dates don't correspond with a full moon. White Mesa is a lot of fun under a full moon.
    That does sound like a fun idea, but will only have the A.M.'s to do any riding. Consider it added to the bucket list though!

mtbr member
    Nice ride today ken. Hope you made it out to white mesa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Nice ride today ken. Hope you made it out to white mesa!
    That was a crazy climb, but hella fun! Thank you! I did make it out to White Mesa, just in time to get rained on - so I will have to take a "rain-check" on that ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Yeah, one doesn't **** with White Mesa and rain. It's sticky and slippery in all the wrong ways.

mtbr member
    cool next time you make it down south we can do white mesa. I will definitely head up north to ride phils world or alien run some time in the near future
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!