Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    likes beer
    Reputation: manida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    240

    Albq. LBS complaint....

    I dont mean to bring negativity to the board, but I have a complaint with Fat Tire Cycles in Albq. It was just one thing after another:

    Over the course of a month:
    I called and told them what I wanted (flip/flop hub), they said they had it and to come on in.
    I went in and they told me that I'd have to order the part...OK, I "ordered" the part, which was an employee writing down a part number on what looked to be a scrap piece of paper.
    I called after 1.5 weeks and was told that the part was never ordered. I said OK, then go ahead an order the hub again, I also ordered some brake levers. I waited 2.5 weeks for the parts to finally arrive.
    So the parts come in, they do the work. Which included building a wheel, installing levers and mounting new tubes/tires (something I couldve done myself of course, but since they were already building a wheel for me, I thought I'd let them do it)
    They installed the levers and somehow lost the "thumb caps" that go on top of the levers (CaneCreek 200TT) and also some tubes that I brought in with the bike---gone.
    Also, the brakes BARELY even work. Granted, theyre old-school centerpull brakes but they couldve done a much better job at tensioning the cable....the brakes dont even stop me, at all.

    Im kinda venting now, but this should not have taken over a month to complete this fairly simple project--and to lose parts is just silly.

    So I go in today to get my thumbcaps and the dude workign there seems pissed that I'd even come back and ask for a part that IS MINE. They still couldnt find the caps. Just lame all around. Im not going back.

    If you go there, be SURE to have them write everything down and call often for updates. I felt pretty 2nd-class throughout the whole ordeal.

    And they came highly-recommended.

  2. #2
    Bandolero
    Reputation: notaknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,428

    no bad vibes!

    I find that surprising.

    I've had great luck in getting parts that they had in stock, in the store, that were hanging on the shelf, when you pointed out the exact part out to the person working behind the desk.

    I'm still waiting to be contacted regarding a bushing for RCC's DHX air shock (yeah I didn't forget). That was only about 1 1/2 years ago, so I'm sure they'll get right on it.

    They were probably dissin you because you're a SS'er.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

  3. #3
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    I find that surprising.

    I've had great luck in getting parts that they had in stock, in the store, that were hanging on the shelf, when you pointed out the exact part out to the person working behind the desk.

    I'm still waiting to be contacted regarding a bushing for RCC's DHX air shock (yeah I didn't forget). That was only about 1 1/2 years ago, so I'm sure they'll get right on it.

    They were probably dissin you because you're a SS'er.
    I have had some trouble with FT as well. I know they treat some great but I have walked out of that shop a few times wishing I never went in, basically a waste of time. I have also been lied to about parts that were in stock when they were not. I even told they guy to walk over and put his hands on it so I could come buy it. Went down to get it and got all kinds of excesses and they did offer to order it. I have heard bad things about parts that are ordered with not only how long it takes but not even getting the correct part.

  4. #4
    likes beer
    Reputation: manida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    240
    just the unprofessionalism and the time it took left me with a bad image of them. The dude that actually worked on my bike was a really nice dude, though.....and he did great work.
    Im not just a SS person either. I have geared MTBs, a BMX cruiser and some vintage bikes as well. I didnt have a fixie though so I bought an old Schwinn and had them do the work for me. Turned out just fine....

  5. #5
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by manida
    just the unprofessionalism and the time it took left me with a bad image of them. The dude that actually worked on my bike was a really nice dude, though.....and he did great work.
    Im not just a SS person either. I have geared MTBs, a BMX cruiser and some vintage bikes as well. I didnt have a fixie though so I bought an old Schwinn and had them do the work for me. Turned out just fine....
    I have had trouble with several shops but I have had great luck on other times. Its a crap shoot if you ask me and sometimes its who you talk with or work with as well.

  6. #6
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by manida
    just the unprofessionalism and the time it took left me with a bad image of them. The dude that actually worked on my bike was a really nice dude, though.....and he did great work.
    Im not just a SS person either. I have geared MTBs, a BMX cruiser and some vintage bikes as well. I didnt have a fixie though so I bought an old Schwinn and had them do the work for me. Turned out just fine....

    Check out Bikeworks next time. They have great knowledge in every aspect whether it be Fixie, SS, XC or DH. I buy my parts from them and assemble myself except for wheels. Dan at Bikeworks builds killer wheels.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  7. #7
    7MGTE
    Reputation: supramk388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B
    Check out Bikeworks next time. They have great knowledge in every aspect whether it be Fixie, SS, XC or DH. I buy my parts from them and assemble myself except for wheels. Dan at Bikeworks builds killer wheels.
    Agreed I talked with Tony the other day and he was awesome. I will be dropping of my wheel at Bikeworks to get it all fixed up. They have a good selection of tires as well I have heard.

    Frank at SS\Sports Outdoors has been great as well.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    I ordered a star nut from FT over a month ago, they said that they had it in stock, charged my credit card and never sent it, or at least I never got it.

    sometimes it is quicker for me to order stuff from ABQ have it shipped normal UPS and it is on my door the next day generally cheaper than Taos bike shop prices. I will try one of the other shops next time.
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

  9. #9
    off to ride
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75
    wow... you at least got somebody to speak to you! everytime I've gone in (3 times when I was looking to purchase a bike, which I did at $450 but from another shop) I never even got a hello from them... and I was spiffed up in my suit, so you would think that would have brought some type of attention, whether it be who's this fricken guy or what can we do for you!

  10. #10
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,106
    ABQ has quite a few shops to choose from and can say that several cant figure out how to accomplish a simple task such as taking off a SRAM chain with out pushing the pin out. Never mind the quick link was only two links away. Yes this actually happened at a local ABQ shop.

    Another favorite trick I found this past weekend is with SS and how they will quote you a price over the phone, yet you go to pick it up and the price suddenly increased drastically gaining over 60% in an hour. Guess with all the market volatility lately it could happen, but seriously.

    Of course some shops are more skilled than others and that is to be expected. I'm still attempting to find a reliable shop here in ABQ. Think that one might actually make the cut as they have been more helpful than others. If they can keep it going over the next 3 years think they will force other shops to step up their game or close doors.

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    ABQ has quite a few shops to choose from and can say that several cant figure out how to accomplish a simple task such as taking off a SRAM chain with out pushing the pin out. Never mind the quick link was only two links away. Yes this actually happened at a local ABQ shop.

    Another favorite trick I found this past weekend is with SS and how they will quote you a price over the phone, yet you go to pick it up and the price suddenly increased drastically gaining over 60% in an hour. Guess with all the market volatility lately it could happen, but seriously.

    Of course some shops are more skilled than others and that is to be expected. I'm still attempting to find a reliable shop here in ABQ. Think that one might actually make the cut as they have been more helpful than others. If they can keep it going over the next 3 years think they will force other shops to step up their game or close doors.
    I like this post. I think that it has been long overdue and "those" guys seem to know what is up Of course I specifically dealt with these guys directly at the other place. Only one piece of that puzzle is missing for me. I miss Phil....where is Phil? That dude could build a solid set of wheels. After about two years of abuse I have yet to tighten a single spoke.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    I picked up some pads & a helmet at Bikeworks just a couple days ago, & they can count on me coming back again.

  13. #13
    Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Reputation: mtbike52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    955
    I had simular problens with ABC two years ago. After taking a problem back for the fourth time, with increasing attitude each time. On the fourth visit the Mech. said I should take my business elsewhere. That was easy. Never been back. Sports Outdoors has taken great care of me since then.

  14. #14
    Thread Pollution
    Reputation: makachut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,738
    don't get me started ,about poorly managed ,fear based bike shops in Santa Fe

  15. #15
    Bandolero
    Reputation: Crash88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    210
    Just stay away from ABC!! They crushed my bearings on my crank for the 2nd time on my 3" race bike (ironically before Cedro), which Sports Outdoor fixed the 1st time & will fix them the 2nd time!

  16. #16
    And Going Nowhere Fast
    Reputation: jroar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    I like this post. I think that it has been long overdue and "those" guys seem to know what is up Of course I specifically dealt with these guys directly at the other place. Only one piece of that puzzle is missing for me. I miss Phil....where is Phil? That dude could build a solid set of wheels. After about two years of abuse I have yet to tighten a single spoke.
    I ran into Phil at the ABC on Juan Tabo. (Figure that one out.) Phil is the man. He always fixed the hidden issues with my SS. Now it takes me 2+ weeks to repair the effects of the "routine tune up". Basic lesson: buy the parts on line, acquire all the tools, do the work yourself. I know, not as easy as it sounds. Haven't figured out the "how & when" myself.
    Dead Last Doesn't Mean Loser

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    What up, Crash!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert_koi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9
    Bikeworks built a wheel for me last week, I came in Monday needing a new one by the weekend.

    They ordered the parts and built the wheel in time for me to ride the following Saturday. All without any attitude.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by desert_koi
    Bikeworks built a wheel for me last week, I came in Monday needing a new one by the weekend.

    They ordered the parts and built the wheel in time for me to ride the following Saturday. All without any attitude.
    Second that. I'm super high maintenance and the Bikeworks guys are always cool when I come in. Owner operated is the key. I tried FT several times when I moved here and just gave up.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: IRONMAN1518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    731

    Albq. LBS Complaints.

    I live in La Cruz (cruces) but have shopped many times when I've been to Albq to race. I go to shops to "brows" hoping I'll find something I've wanted/needed on sale, and that has happened many times. Been to ABC numerous times mainly cause they were the big sponsor of the races @ Sandia and I'd won a gift certificate. I also took the time to go by there just to say Thanks to them for supporting the races.
    Sitting here trying to remember if I was ever treated badly in any shop, I can't say I ever was, all I remember was everyone being friendly. BUT.......been to LOTS of shops (everywhere), where no one had any idea about rebuilding Lefty or Fox forks, or not much about Klein Palominos rear struts. I've met very FEW mechanics that know about pressurizing the TALAS damper.
    Recently, on a trip to Colorado, (been shoping for a new bike also) went intro a brand new shop, BikeWorks on Carlisle. I was interested in a Maverick, and spoke with Dan Lucero, also got to watch him work on somewones bike. He had laid out the parts on a shop rag, in nice order his work bench was clean and orderly. he greased things needing grease as he was putting it all back together. WOW I thought a "picky" "wrench" (old motorcycle racing term for mechanic) like me!! (I do all my own work and am sooo picky!)
    Hey knew about re-building Fox and Maverick forks the intricate details of it all, (my kind of "wrench"!) I got my Durance from them and he put it together and I've been treated super in their shop.
    PS Go by there when Tony is cooking on the grill, superbe.
    Any way that is my little input as far as shops.
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: Mtn. Biker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN1518
    PS Go by there when Tony is cooking on the grill, superbe.
    And a sweet IPA

  22. #22
    Bandolero
    Reputation: Crash88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    210

    Lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    What up, Crash!
    Ihave never met phil.It,s just every time I bring my bike it has new problem.If I nicely point it out they take it and make it worse with a realy bad additude.Maybe they can chang,Idon,t know? The experiance is tomuch for me.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    223

    LBS Problems

    Either there's a high turnover rate at FT, or I just get the same person every time I go in there, the one who doesn't even know what a bicycle is (slight exageration). I've heard many of the same complaints, from many different people, "I ordered something...etc".

    BWs did me bad once, and I'll never go back. A seven dollar charge on my card got me another $70.00 charge from the customer after me. This caused an overdraft, times 3, on my checking account. Not much sympathy from BW, no offer to pay my overdraft fees, and not even an excited "We'll get our cash register/computer people on this right away!"

    Fortunately, about 5 days later, my bank refunded the overdraft fees, but I still feel a little pain when I hear the shop name. They said it must have been a software glitch. I lost $180.00 of my biking money for five days.

    Make sure you watch your charges on line with your CC company or bank. Hopefully, the problem is gone, because that shop had potential.

    C Cow

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    396
    I've had OK and bad experiences with FT. I've bought a few bikes from them over the years and they have always ordered what I wanted fairly quickly...communication on when they came in was another story...how many times do you have to call to get a "it's here" or "it's not here yet" answer?

    I consigned a bike there and it apparently sold within just a few weeks of bringing it down. Everytime I called to check on whether it sold I was told it hadn't yet. I finally went down there to see where it was, they finally told me (3 months after it actually sold) that it had sold, I of course had to wait until the bookkeeper (Mom) came in to cut the check. 2 weeks later I got my money.

    On a positive note, I had a set of King wheels built way back in the late '90s by a tech there named Travis. They were, and still are, perfect.

  25. #25
    Crumb-tumbler
    Reputation: mrwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarnaby
    I've had OK and bad experiences with FT. I've bought a few bikes from them over the years and they have always ordered what I wanted fairly quickly...communication on when they came in was another story...how many times do you have to call to get a "it's here" or "it's not here yet" answer?

    I consigned a bike there and it apparently sold within just a few weeks of bringing it down. Everytime I called to check on whether it sold I was told it hadn't yet. I finally went down there to see where it was, they finally told me (3 months after it actually sold) that it had sold, I of course had to wait until the bookkeeper (Mom) came in to cut the check. 2 weeks later I got my money.
    Meh. People deal with Stevie for the hookup, then expect the same customer service as people who go in and pay full price. Also, it's about the only shop in town that has around 20 employees. Combine these two things, and there's just no possible outcome besides chaos. It's a beautiful showcase shop if you want to look at the pretty bikes.

    That said, everyone I've talked to in FT is knowledgable about bikes (maybe not to the same degree as Dan Lucero, but not every wrench in town has worked for Manitou). Here's a tip: go in to a shop (any shop) and build some sort of working relationship with someone there. It cuts out this whole "I called and talked to a different person every time and nobody knew what was going on" complaint that seems to be the common thread in most of these posts.

    On a side note: Phil went back to school, got married a week ago and I believe he's working at the UNM Bookstore now. Stop in and say hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by mward
    Everyone is so angry, and they're even angrier if people don't think like they do. Damnit, don't you think like me? NO? DIE!!! It's like road rage. Just because people aren't discussing exactly what you want, as you like it to be discussed, they must be all wrong. That's just all wrong. Your disgust at my disgust at your disgust is disgusting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •