Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy
    I finally figured it out...its T119 to West Side Road to T109...too bad I was there a week ago...guess I'll just have to go back in May and do the ride!
    That route actually takes you up the mountain. I really like doing T109 (Alamo Peak trail) but I definately don't like T109 (A-Trail).

But any who, reverse that route and you have it. Shuttle to Alamo peak rd, ride up the road to T119, ride down to West side rd, and then ride up a ways to get to T109. Once on T109, it's not really to forgiving. Unless you like hard rocky trails, it's not really fun.

The Weatherman
    [QUOTE=Denkishi Once on T109, it's not really to forgiving. Unless you like hard rocky trails, it's not really fun.[/QUOTE]

What he said...except add steep to the mix.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    This thread was vital for me getting this ride in last summer. (Perfect directions combined with Google Maps made route finding almost flawless: Alamo Peak Rd., T119, West Side Rd, and T109.)

I'm snowed in now and finally got around to looking at my video of the ride. That got me wondering where the hell the YouTube video footage of the 2012 race went. (I "scouted" the ride with this video but can't find it for the life of me on YouTube.)

For future reference as this thread is easy to find but the video hardly so, here's a link:

cloudcroft jackhammer movie.wmv - YouTube

"Cloudcroft Jackhammer Super D 2012"

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mixticius View Post
    This thread was vital for me getting this ride in last summer. (Perfect directions combined with Google Maps made route finding almost flawless: Alamo Peak Rd., T119, West Side Rd, and T109.)

I'm snowed in now and finally got around to looking at my video of the ride. That got me wondering where the hell the YouTube video footage of the 2012 race went. (I "scouted" the ride with this video but can't find it for the life of me on YouTube.)

For future reference as this thread is easy to find but the video hardly so, here's a link:

cloudcroft jackhammer movie.wmv - YouTube

"Cloudcroft Jackhammer Super D 2012"
    That video was amazing! Thanks for posting and thanks for bumping this link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2