Mythical Creature

ABQ Cycling Awareness petition

Help expand and support even better cycling access in ABQ. From Jennifer and the fine folks of Olev Rapido;

NM cyclists,
    Hopefully, many of you have or have seen one of the "Share the Road" bumper stickers Olev Rapido had been distributing for the last several months. Because of great donations, Olev Rapido has been able to make the city and APD an offer to give them (free) enough "Share the Road" bumper stickers for every official city vehicle, including buses, and every marked APD car. The initial reception to this was not that positive, but I wasn't about to give up that easily.

I wanted to see what kind of support this idea would have in the cycling community, so I wrote a petition to the mayor and police chief that supported this idea. After collecting over 150 signatures at Albuquerque Century registration and hearing all the positive feedback, I got inspired. Now, you can e-sign the petition on-line. Just go to

http://bicyclenm.net/OlevRapido/AwarenessInitiative/index.html

and with a couple of clicks, you can read the petition and add your signature. While we collect signatures I'm working to arrange a time to present them to the mayor and police chief - maybe the city council too.
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Bandolero

Commute here often?

Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    Help expand and support even better cycling access in ABQ. From Jennifer and the fine folks of Olev Rapido;
    This is your typical ABQ driver sharing the road:

See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

Mythical Creature
    Actually - I do ride the roads / trails around ABQ a good bit. You all have it pretty dang good for a poorly designed western US city! With some more work, and improved driver awareness, it'd be fantastic.
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -