contains quinine

4th of July weekend ride suggestions

Greetings -

I'm headed to Rio Rancho from Colorado for the fourth to hang out with the parents, and I'm looking for ride recommendations. I've ridden in Santa Fe and Taos, and also at White Mesa when I was down two years ago.

I'm looking for two recommendations - one ride for my wife (intermediate) and one for me (training for the Laramie Enduro). I'd love to find an easier ride for the wife - I think she might be able to handle White Mesa, but she's not keen on exposure. I'm also looking for a 3 or 4 ish hour ride. I'm comfortable with just about anything but extreme freeride, but I'm really looking for a longer xc oriented ride.

Any suggestions are appreciated! I'm cool with buying a map and I'm able to navigate pretty well on my own. And if anyone's looking for CO suggestions, I'm always happy to reciprocate!

Thanks,

Debaser
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    A really nice training ride for an out of towner. Is the total foot hills loop

I just rode 28.8 miles! Check it out on #strava: Bike Ride Profile | 29miles near Albuquerque | Times and Records | Strava

Its just under 30 miles and has lots of variety.

... if i had to recomend a ride for you and your wife... it would be the bosque trail.... yea yea i know its not the most challenging ride. But its perfect for couples take it nice and slow get some shade from the trees just relax and enjoy each others company....

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    If there's room for a detour in your schedule, you're both welcome to join the neutron crew in Los Alamos for a Thursday AM ride. My only other suggestion would be the Galisteo Basin Preserve, if you're wanting to stretch your legs just before you get to SF. It's wife-approved. Have a good trip,
    - Joe
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

contains quinine
    Thanks for the Strava link - I may have to check out that stuff Friday or Saturday. As for the Bosque, if I'm hauling the wife's bike that far we'll be looking for something a bit more than that.

contains quinine
    Los Alamos is too far, but thanks for the invite. It's definitely on my list of things to ride for sure.