Is the bike OK?

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days

Here's the schedule for this summer at Pajarito. Since they were just open last Saturday I think those who come up this Saturday will have most of the mountain to themselves and the trails are in great shape! Next lift day won't be until July 12.

Saturday June 7 (Summerfest)
    Saturday June 14
    Saturday July 12
    Saturday July 26
    Saturday August 2
    Saturday August 23
    Saturday September 6
    Saturday September 20 (Ullrfest)

LIFTS RUN 9 - 3, $25/day for biking

mtbr member
    Neal I'm curious,

Sport Systems has your August 2nd day listed as an Enduro race? Sounds fun if that's correct. Any idea on what trails will be used?
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedChase View Post
    Neal I'm curious,

Sport Systems has your August 2nd day listed as an Enduro race? Sounds fun if that's correct. Any idea on what trails will be used?
    I'm not involved in that event but it's actually an Enduro "Fest" so they'll be using the lifts for some of the events. I think this is the main website for the NM Enduro Series:

NM Enduro Cup Sport Systems MountainTop Cycling

Is the bike OK?
    If anyone is coming up to ride Saturday and camp out Friday night don't miss the free concert downtown Friday night! Igor & The Red Elvises are playing, "your favorite band!".

This is usually the best concert of the summer series. See Igor & Red Elvises - YOUR FAVORITE BAND! & Gordons' 2014 Summer Concerts for the rest of the summer.

Is the bike OK?
    It's raining in Los Alamos today and is gonna be HERO dirt at Pajarito Mountain for biking tomorrow with clear skies in the forecast!

Is the bike OK?

Saturday, 7/12, RIDE!

Pajarito Mountain is open for biking this Saturday and the trails are gonna be supper tachy with all the recent rain. We also reworked all of lower Chupacabra last night!

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-chupa.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Rockin! What do these trails look like, all bigger "DH/FR" type stuff, or can I come to play on a 5" trail bike?

I'm looking at getting a more gravity oriented rig this fall, but would love to come check out the trails asap!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireinMTB View Post
    Rockin! What do these trails look like, all bigger "DH/FR" type stuff, or can I come to play on a 5" trail bike?

I'm looking at getting a more gravity oriented rig this fall, but would love to come check out the trails asap!
    CoPaul Didnt have any trouble on his Mid travel..RCC rode it a bunch on his 6" pivot Also Skeldify didnt have any problems on his 27.5 Carbine.

I wouldn't let the bike hold you back. Theres also lots of trails that are actually suited for a bike with your travel.

What bike is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-copdrop.jpg  

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-rccdrop.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireinMTB View Post

Here are videos of all the trails at Pajarito:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NCul5pe8twTroH

For shorter travel bikes I'd suggest starting with Aspenola, then Aspen for Trouble/JR/Half Aspen, then try Dogpatch, then Aspen for Trouble/JR/Sidewinder/Battle Stations. The rest are rideable but a bit steeper on a short travel bike. For a really easy trail there is also Cub Scout.

All trails are built by volunteers so they are more single track than wide bermed out flow trails but they flow well enough. There's also a ton of wood features from easy to gnarly.