Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Is the bike OK?

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days

Here's the schedule for this summer at Pajarito. Since they were just open last Saturday I think those who come up this Saturday will have most of the mountain to themselves and the trails are in great shape! Next lift day won't be until July 12.

Saturday June 7 (Summerfest)
    Saturday June 14
    Saturday July 12
    Saturday July 26
    Saturday August 2
    Saturday August 23
    Saturday September 6
    Saturday September 20 (Ullrfest)

LIFTS RUN 9 - 3, $25/day for biking

mtbr member
    Neal I'm curious,

Sport Systems has your August 2nd day listed as an Enduro race? Sounds fun if that's correct. Any idea on what trails will be used?
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSpeedChase View Post
    Neal I'm curious,

Sport Systems has your August 2nd day listed as an Enduro race? Sounds fun if that's correct. Any idea on what trails will be used?
    I'm not involved in that event but it's actually an Enduro "Fest" so they'll be using the lifts for some of the events. I think this is the main website for the NM Enduro Series:

NM Enduro Cup » Sport Systems MountainTop Cycling

Is the bike OK?
    If anyone is coming up to ride Saturday and camp out Friday night don't miss the free concert downtown Friday night! Igor & The Red Elvises are playing, "your favorite band!".

This is usually the best concert of the summer series. See Igor & Red Elvises - YOUR FAVORITE BAND! & Gordons' 2014 Summer Concerts for the rest of the summer.

Is the bike OK?
    It's raining in Los Alamos today and is gonna be HERO dirt at Pajarito Mountain for biking tomorrow with clear skies in the forecast!

Is the bike OK?

Saturday, 7/12, RIDE!

Pajarito Mountain is open for biking this Saturday and the trails are gonna be supper tachy with all the recent rain. We also reworked all of lower Chupacabra last night!

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-chupa.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Rockin! What do these trails look like, all bigger "DH/FR" type stuff, or can I come to play on a 5" trail bike?

I'm looking at getting a more gravity oriented rig this fall, but would love to come check out the trails asap!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireinMTB View Post
    Rockin! What do these trails look like, all bigger "DH/FR" type stuff, or can I come to play on a 5" trail bike?

I'm looking at getting a more gravity oriented rig this fall, but would love to come check out the trails asap!
    CoPaul Didnt have any trouble on his Mid travel..RCC rode it a bunch on his 6" pivot Also Skeldify didnt have any problems on his 27.5 Carbine.

I wouldn't let the bike hold you back. Theres also lots of trails that are actually suited for a bike with your travel.

What bike is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-copdrop.jpg  

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-rccdrop.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Bandoleroooooooooooos!

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireinMTB View Post

Here are videos of all the trails at Pajarito:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NCul5pe8twTroH

For shorter travel bikes I'd suggest starting with Aspenola, then Aspen for Trouble/JR/Half Aspen, then try Dogpatch, then Aspen for Trouble/JR/Sidewinder/Battle Stations. The rest are rideable but a bit steeper on a short travel bike. For a really easy trail there is also Cub Scout.

All trails are built by volunteers so they are more single track than wide bermed out flow trails but they flow well enough. There's also a ton of wood features from easy to gnarly.

Is the bike OK?

Pajarito this Saturday!

Don't forget Pajarito's open for biking this Saturday. Trails are in great shape. We only had a few hands tonight but we got a bunch of work done on the trails. Took out the stump on the top of Fast and Loose, rebuilt the jump on AFT next to the pond, rebuilt the jumps and step-down on upper Mother's Milk, and reworked the first half of Chupacabra. This Saturday's going to be a great day of riding!

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-upperchupa.jpg

Huffy Rider
    How were the trails this weekend? The hubby and I are headed up there for this Sat lift days!!! Is anyone doing the endure race or ride?

Brenda

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    How were the trails this weekend? The hubby and I are headed up there for this Sat lift days!!! Is anyone doing the endure race or ride?

Brenda
    The trails were great Saturday! I don't know who's doing the race but I've ridden the course several times and it's a blast. The lifts shutdown for about an hour for lightening so I rode the two stages off the back of the mountain with my DH bike and hitched a ride back up. While it was fun on the DH bike I think it was faster the times I've done it on my enduro bike (Norco Range 650b) because I could pedal up to speed faster on a few sections. I also had to push on the some of the transfer stage which is an easy pedal on my Norco.

Huffy Rider
    My hubby is considering doing it, but the info on everything seems to be lacking. He would like to ride the 4 runs, but he also wants to spend some time with me riding the DH stuff afterwards. Not sure how that could work out, or if it is even possible. He is bringing his El Guapo just in case. We plan to roll in Friday evening.

Edit: Just saw they posted some more info with times added. Looks like if you do the race, there would be no time for DH.

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    My hubby is considering doing it, but the info on everything seems to be lacking. He would like to ride the 4 runs, but he also wants to spend some time with me riding the DH stuff afterwards. Not sure how that could work out, or if it is even possible. He is bringing his El Guapo just in case. We plan to roll in Friday evening.

Edit: Just saw they posted some more info with times added. Looks like if you do the race, there would be no time for DH.
    motochick, all three timed stages will be on the mountain now due to the F.S. You can still ride the really cool trails off the backside and get shuttled back up but that will just be for fun this year. Since all the timed stages are on the mountain you can probably get a lot of DH runs in.

All, come ride Pajarito tomorrow, it won't be dusty !

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Probably the best day all season on Saturday. got to love the wet and roots

Is the bike OK?

Pajarito 8/23!

Don't miss biking at Pajarito this weekend!

Name:  PajaritoBeerBandBike.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  56.7 KB

Last week we finished the new section at the bottom of Natural Selection with a jump in, step-on/step-off, step-down jump that is going to be fun as hell (by the way this is an easy hike from the top of the campground if you want to session some more after the lifts close):
    2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-nsnewfirstdrop.jpg

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-nsnewstepupstepoff.jpg

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-nsnewlastdrop.jpg

Tonight we fixed up the aging Triple Threat by replacing missing planks and tightening up all loose nails.

mtbr member
    I'll be there, so will del norte, calhoun, jerry hazard, Steve vD,......
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    What is the weather and trails supposed to be like? Google says weather in town should be good but not sure about the mountain. Sloppy trails from recent rain?

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by warimono View Post
    What is the weather and trails supposed to be like? Google says weather in town should be good but not sure about the mountain. Sloppy trails from recent rain?
    It rained this morning but not much this afternoon. Pajarito's dirt sucks up water so well that if it's not pouring wile you are riding there's no issue with mud (i.e. no clay in soil or anything that gets nasty). Should be rock star dirt conditions tomorrow. Weather report is showing next to no chance of rain all day Saturday. Town weather usually matches the mountain weather only the temperature is 5-10 degrees cooler. My guess is that it will probably be the best conditions we've had all year.

mtbr member
    And it was, Saturday was fabulous!

Is the bike OK?

Saturday, 9/6, RIDE!

Alex did a great job of widening the step-down jump at the end of Natural Selection for those who are direction-ally challenged . Just don't come up short . Saturday's going to be an awesome day at Pajarito!

2014 Pajarito Summer Lift Days-nslanding.jpg

mtbr member
    note the directional arrow I added

my arms felt it for days after shearing vegetation and clearing rocks off NS and Chupa too.

gonna be killer!
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

Stucco Bucket
    I think Im gonna do Carne Asada tacos again for ULLR.

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    i think im gonna do carne asada tacos again for ullr.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl View Post
    I think Im gonna do Carne Asada tacos again for ULLR.
    but are you going to ride?
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast