7MGTE

2008 Red Bull Rampage

I posted these in a thread in the DH forum so kind of an X-post guys

Hope you all enjoy

and the finals

Real Estate Guru

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    NBC showed that yesterday, I got it on DVD. I was amazed to see that they were riding in Zion National Park, the telecast showed them cutting their own trails down some sick stuff. I guess if you have a huge corporate sponsor, and lots of bucks, the National Park service is ok with you riding where ever you want. I wonder what would happen if I went to Grand Canyon with my shovel and pulaski? Maybe it would be better if I had a bunch of red bull stickers on me and my shovel?
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Crap! Those drops and the spills. Makes my butt pucker! Sure would love to see that in person.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    NBC showed that yesterday, I got it on DVD. I was amazed to see that they were riding in Zion National Park, the telecast showed them cutting their own trails down some sick stuff. I guess if you have a huge corporate sponsor, and lots of bucks, the National Park service is ok with you riding where ever you want. I wonder what would happen if I went to Grand Canyon with my shovel and pulaski? Maybe it would be better if I had a bunch of red bull stickers on me and my shovel?
    Yeah I heard about that but some of us were on the trails so I wanted to post this in case some missed it (like I did ).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    They weren't in Zion, its actually Virgin but people wouldn't know where that is so I guess the media needs to bent the truth some

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    "They weren't in Zion, its actually Virgin but people wouldn't know where that is so I guess the media needs to bent the truth some."

That's a pretty big difference. I thought it might be the start of something new, quite a bit different from what we have come to expect from "our" National Parks. From what I saw that was some amazing riding. Are those heavy "downhill" bikes or something else all together? I don't think the 3" XC travel bike could handle that. Seems like gears and deraileurs (how the hell do you spell that world?) are a waste of time and weight.
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

mtbr member
    Some of the guys used full DH bikes. The guys throwing the tricks were probably on 5-6 inch travel slopestyle bikes. 5-7 inch single crown forks work perfect for that stuff. Especially if you get it free. I remember seeing Cam Mcaul fold one of his frames on his last runs. To bad I missed the TV broadcast though

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey Guys..

I was there to witness this event.. They held it 4 miles from the nearest road. the Riders were there too about a week prior and the Park rangers were there too to make sure they didn't make their trails through a nesting ground or on some crypobiotic soil.. It actually rained on Saturday for the Prelims so they were cancelled & ran one day qualifiers on Sunday.. than had the finals on Monday.. it was UNREAL!

here's some shots..

Enjoy!

I did

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecano...7610199838658/

mtbr member
    them boys ain't right

great photos Ratt. That dude in the video went hyooooooge.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pictures..

Glad you enjoyed them..

I was Upclose & personal there... the video in the set is insane.. and the Cedric Gracia shots are killer as well..

I just happen to be there for the St. George Marathon & it was going on the same time!

or should I say.. it was going OFF!! cheers!