Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

$50 for a White Mesa Ride??!

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  De La Pena 
#1 · (Edited)
If anyone on here has signed up for a $50 guided White Mesa MTB ride thru Kirtland AFB's Outdoor Rec, please go get your money back and send me a PM - I'll do it for free.

Kirtland Outdoor Rec said:
White Mesa Mountain Biking
https://www.facebook.com/events/545075778843011/

Description: Fri · 30 Nov · $50 (Limited Free Slots - SAI)

15 miles of spectacular mountain biking trails through beautiful New Mexico landscape. This is a great adventure for intermediate to advanced riders. Kirtland AFB Outdoor Recreation will provide transportation, guides and instruction.

Call Outdoor Recreation at 505-846-1499 for details. RSVPing for this event through Facebook does not automatically sign you up to attend. Call this facility for details.

Date: Friday, November 30, 2012
Time: 7:40am-4:00pm EST
Duration: 8 hours 20 minutes
Priority: 5-Medium
Access: Public
Category: Outdoor Recreation*

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#19 ·
On the plus side they provided a screamingly good supported ride from Fruita to Moab. Worth every penny. And $50 for a day of instruction and guide service is cheap...$50 usually won't buy you an hour of instruction at most places.
I think I've seen the KAFB ODR van at Sedona before too. $50 for Fruita-Moab would be a good deal. I can't wait to see that advertised again.

However, $50 for a White Mesa trip???? Takes less than 2/2.5 hrs to ride it even at a slow/beginner pace. If they charged $20 for this trip, they'd get more participation.

#18 ·
The shuttle up LPS/Porcupine Rim was $20. Now THAT was a deal. White Mesa ends where it starts. All you need to do is pedal. What instruction? 'Rubber side down'? OK, $50 for a guided ride at White Mesa in a full moon at midnight... with beer on the bus for the return trip. I think I could sell that.

#20 ·
Those guys at REC are rude as hell too...
If i remember right they were asking $600ish pp for a Sedona, and I think thats just a long weekend trip.

I paid $400 12 years ago for a 10 day moab trip that included white rim camping permits and all the cool trails out there. Of course the food, camping spots and Arches Ntl park were included! Now that was a deal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.